Don't blink(er)?
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TW-Brian
  • 1 Post By Rockytrail

Thread: Don't blink(er)?

Question Don't blink(er)?

My 2001 TW has recently developed an odd problem with directional signal indicator light. At idle or slow RPM the dash indicator light blinks along with right and left signals as it should but when the RPM is increased the dash indicator light stops blinking until the RPM drops down again. The bulb is new with clean contacts and the charging system puts out constant 14.2 volts at all RPM. Perhaps the relay is bad?
    I would like to get suggestions from you all. Thanks---mysterious problems are fun to solve if in fact they are solved!

Hi Rocky,

I don't have a clue as to what the problem might be, but one additional piece of information that might be helpful to someone smarter than me would be - what is the condition of the battery? New or old, weak or strong, lead/acid, AGM, sealed, lithium, etc?

Another question - stock bulbs or LED's?
    littletommy likes this.

Hi all. I figured out the problem. I recently changed the indicator bulbs from 3.4 watts to 4.0 watts to have a bit brighter showing so I notice my turn signal quicker. It seems the circuit didn't like that "improvement" so I put the 3.4 watt bulb back in and now the indicator light works at all RPM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Hi Rocky,

I don't have a clue as to what the problem might be, but one additional piece of information that might be helpful to someone smarter than me would be - what is the condition of the battery? New or old, weak or strong, lead/acid, AGM, sealed, lithium, etc?

Another question - stock bulbs or LED's?
    littletommy likes this.

Sponosred Links