• 1 Post By Peterb
  • 2 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By TW'ER
  • 1 Post By littletommy

Thread: Rear Wheel Bent?

Rear Wheel Bent?

Hey guys-
    New to the forum, and new to the TW world, love my bike, (2001). Anyway, I noticed the other day I had several loose spokes, I tightened them, and now noticed that my rear wheel is wobbling. I don't think I over tightened the spokes, but, it's possible. Could I have over tightened the spokes and torqued the wheel out of shape? How do I check for a bent rim? There are no marks or dents on the wheel it's self. All the bearings feel tight. Any suggestions or options would be great! Thanks!

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Spoke Wheel Re-building and Truing - webBikeWorld

read up a bit on wheel truing....
    Peterb and TW'ER like this.

This is a great video on basic spoke tightening.
    TW'ER likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum! You might be better off having it trued by a shop rather than do it yourself. It sounds like you have it out of round now.
    TWilight and jeepster09 like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll do some more reading. When I tightened the loose spokes, I didn't tighten them tight. Just up to where they were snug and weren't moving. I didn't know if there was a certain pattern I needed to follow or not. Hopefully they just need some adjusting to get the wheel back in line.
    Thanks again!

If you are a beginner at this, it might be best to take it and have it done, it could save you a lot of time and grief. It's not an easy job if you don't know what you are doing. You have to have an good eye or a stand and dial indicator to do it right. There are four basic aspects of wheel truing. These are lateral true, radial true, rim centering over the hub, and spoke tension. They all have to be correct for your wheel to run right and/or for the corrections to last a long time without further problems.

Believe me bro, take it and have it done.
    TW'ER likes this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

HAHA... Oh I'm definitely going to have someone who knows what they're doing do it! Thank you again for the help!
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TW'ER View Post
    HAHA... Oh I'm definitely going to have someone who knows what they're doing do it! Thank you again for the help!
    Good thinking brother!! It would be real easy to put a couple hours into it and still not have it right, so at some point, your time and labor isn't worth it anymore and you just get frustrated and go and have it done.
    TWilight likes this.

Sponosred Links