Lost the shift lever in Maine, know where I can get a replacement?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Lost the shift lever in Maine, know where I can get a replacement?

Lost the shift lever in Maine, know where I can get a replacement?

Hi! I am in Maine, visiting up here from Georgia. Was taking a ride with friends around Parsonsfield Bridge and coming back through Naples. Managed to lose my shift lever on the way back towards Portland. Starting to look up dealers and see one near Sebago Lake. Do you think they will have one? Looking for the TW200. But hear an XT225 or XT250 will fit. I hear there are universal aftermarket ones that will fit, but not sure where to get one in Portland. Does anyone have a line of one to help?

Thank you!!

Ones for older YZ 125/250's should fit too, 96-06

If they have one the IMS 313114 works well ,that's what i have on my bikes. It fits the following bikes
    Kawasaki KDX250 all, KX100 83-93, KX250 83-86, KX500 83-93, KX60 83-93, KX80 83-93; Yamaha YZ125 96-06, YZ250 88-06, YZ80 83-01, YZ85 02-06

You could probably overnight one in from Amazon if you order it soon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o07_s00

I would assume a stock shitfer from any of these would work in a pinch.

There are two Yamaha dealers not too far from Portland, one in Gorham and one in Lewiston.

the one in Gorham is Reynolds motorsports 207-929-6641 The one in lewiston is Central Maine Powersports 207-689-2345
    Last edited by jb882; 09-04-2015 at 07:03 AM.
    littletommy likes this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

jb882, THANK YOU!!! This is very helpful information!
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

By the way, welcome to the forum!! Ya'll come back now, ya hear...
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    By the way, welcome to the forum!! Ya'll come back now, ya hear...
    Thank You! Haven't ridden this bike in awhile, and it is showing. Will definitely be back.
    littletommy likes this.

Great! Lot's of helpful folks here to help you, just like our brother JB above!! (find me another forum where someone digs up places and phone numbers trying to help a new guy!!) If you post up what part of Georgia you are in, you might find some TW riders!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

you can get one that is a bit longer (good for riding with boots) and a folding tip, that just might save you a lever bending in a fall.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moose-Racing...c=1&rmvSB=true
    littletommy likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Ha, this happened to me too, on my second ever, shake down ride. It forced me to walk several miles in the late evening, almost to late to knock on a door to ask to use a phone, (out of cell phone range out here)
    My gal came to my rescue, and wouldn't you know it, but while driving me home, she spotted it in the middle of the road!
    So, back to where I stashed the bike, and scrounged up a bolt and nut, and stuck er' back on and roder it home.
    That'll teach ME to make sure I torque fasteners better! (I hope...)
    RicklesssS in Oregon

Also, note that there is a "shift lever replacement" thread, in the "Performance and Customization" thread, for even more idea's.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Ricklesss View Post
    Ha, this happened to me too, on my second ever, shake down ride. It forced me to walk several miles in the late evening, almost to late to knock on a door to ask to use a phone, (out of cell phone range out here)
    My gal came to my rescue, and wouldn't you know it, but while driving me home, she spotted it in the middle of the road!
    So, back to where I stashed the bike, and scrounged up a bolt and nut, and stuck er' back on and roder it home.
    That'll teach ME to make sure I torque fasteners better! (I hope...)
    RicklesssS in Oregon
    I carry a vice grip in my tool tube. I've not used it for a shifter, but I would give it a try if I was in a position like you ran into. I have ridden all day with a guy which used his vice grip to replace a broken left footpeg, so ya just never know! Just a thought.
    jbfla, littletommy and Tirebiter like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links