TUU Value Adjustment?
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Blueduce

Thread: TUU Value Adjustment?

TUU Value Adjustment?

I have a '14 with 2400 miles on it (bought it new). I was wondering if and when I should consider a valve adjustment? I DON'T hear any clicking, which I usually associate with values. Is there a general rule as to how often (miles), a TUU needs a value adjustment? I tend to err on the side... if it ain't broke, don't screw with it. Just want to make sure.

Thanks

After the first 500.. Mine didn't require an adjustment..Then every 5,000..... I find the harder you rev. them the more out they become....OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    I DON'T hear any clicking, which I usually associate with values. I tend to err on the side... if it ain't broke, don't screw with it. Just want to make sure.

Thanks

Explorer, I've adjusted mine a few times now and at least once, maybe twice I had a tight valve! So I would vote to check them sooner rather than later. Just be sure your Tdub is completely cold, as in overnight.

best regards and God Bless

MAC
    GOD BLESS & RIDE SAFE, TC____________ BC rides: Honda SL100, Honda TL125, Penton125 ISDT, KTM400 ISDT

now riding '06 TW w/ Jimbo Window, Acerbis bushbusters, ProTaper bars w/risers, Pro Grip 737's, Osram Rally headlamp w/modulator, turn signal beeper, Kenda k270 4.00 x 18,
    triple horns w/relay, big pegs, folding shifter, tuned carb w/drilled slide, 15/50 w/D.I.D. O-ring, RedLine 20w/50, Sterns w/extra padding, extra LED brake light, xt225 brake arm, rear Cycle Racks w/hacked milk crate. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Great question explorer; *I have a 14 as well w/ 2000 miles and have adjusted the valves twice, the first time totally by the numbers & marks. Sounded like an old underwood Typewriter. My question , since the exhaust valve is closed for about 270 deg, why is it so important to hit the exact mark, *I mean, is it " more closed " at that exact mark? I think not. I have no desire to do any damage to my engine, but I don't think I need to be so top-dead-anal when my feeler gauge reads the same through most of the closed rotation. Please, if I'm missing something let me know....
    Dryden-Tdub and Peterb like this.
    "Cycles is a mean toy lady" Halsy Knox

Hi Explorer: Give it a check, according to the manual sooner than you have, but after the first check(adjustment) you should be ready to ride for a serious bit of time without worrying. Oh, and by the way, how's the exploring going.? I like the fact that you actually ride it regularly. While I have a bit over 3K on mine, and not more given my other bikes, I think you know that you don't have to baby it. Ride it and enjoy and take care in the outback.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

Sponosred Links