Kick start part number for a 2014 TW
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Kick start part number for a 2014 TW

Kick start part number for a 2014 TW

I'm searching for the Yamaha part number so I can order a kick start for my 2014. Need one a few times now. It's time to sort it ( this winter)
    Thanks in advance fellow TWers

I had gotten on the BAY AREA YAMAHA waiting list; but while at the Yamaha dealer where I bought the bike - asked how much they would charge to install it if I ordered it somewhere else and decided not to try to install it myself. They sent me over to the parts counter. They had the xt225 kit and the tw crank boss both in stock; so I bought it there and had them install it. So if you have any local dealer; you can try them too. -J-

rbm
    Hello and welcome! What Twilight said^^.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum! Where are you from?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

The list of parts necessary has been posted here in a few different threads and they are all still available. Putting together all the parts in a kit form takes some effort and a few dealers will do it. I guess Bay Area is one of them as is PlacerLode. What we must consider where the price is concerned is how much each individual part actually costs plus the shipping involved. A Yamaha dealer should be able to make up kits IF THEY FEEL LIKE IT! The dealer could then discount the kits to bring the price into an acceptable number for us but very few will. Someone posted here about the parts list and all purchased from Boats.net and the price was very low but I never did hear if he followed up and bought it all. I know you can spend hours sourcing the best deal from a number of different sellers on each part and then pay a small fortune getting numerous different shipments so you are better served by going with one seller who can get it all and give you a decent discount with just one shipping price. The days of the kits that sold for under $200 are gone. Some here search for damaged pre 2001 engines that have all the parts and do the swap because all the TW engines use the same parts. I like that idea because as you disassemble one engine to get the parts you also see how they go back into the engine you are installing them on.

If I was in the market to buy a brand new TW from a dealer I think I would work the kick start into the deal and be willing to pay a price somewhere around $300-$400 more with it installed. I do not feel comfortable with a TW that does not have an alternative to the battery electric start. Bump starting a TW out in the woods is not an easy task most times and I have been there!

GaryL
    PlacerLode and TWilight like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

the XT225 kits are now hard to find and Bay Area has not had any for some time (and will never have them again IMO) and all my research says the are officially discontinued (XT's were last made in 2007 so Yamaha has little interest in fully supporting them) You might get lucky and find a local dealer with one on the shelf gathering dust but it's a needle in a haystack situation. The TW200 kick crank boss and the special plastic end cap are still available from me and other sources. You need the crank boss to adapt the XT225 kit for the TW200. As of today I have 5 complete kits left (I had 1000 kits at one time less than 3 years ago) and I'm going to keep 2 or 3 for my stash. You can scavenge used parts from 2000 and older TW's but you still need a case gasket and possibly a few small parts and you have to value your time in that process. My kits run $349 delivered and are all new genuine Yamaha parts.

I have priced the individual parts and they are more than the base XT kits by a good margin but heres the problem. You place the order for aprx 17 parts and if even one part is NA or on backorder the kits are useless so theres some risk is trying that route and the parts guys don't seem to know how deep the supply of the parts are you order and cross your fingers

The day will come where a complete kit, even with used parts will be worth more than $349 the TW market is so incredibly large there will always be demand for the foreseeable future

The XT225 kit, part Number 3RW-W0795-00-00 fits the TW 200 & the XT 225 the only difference with the TW200 is the need for a different "kick crank boss" (included in the TW kit) Part Number 54G-15621-00-00 (the bottom splined part of the kick start lever) which has a slightly higher outward offset because of the wider output shaft on the TW-200
    1.jpg2.jpg

PS; re Bay Area Yamaha they sold XT225 kits they even included the XT225 box with the orders but they pre assembled the gear cluster and held it together with a rubber band to make it easier. It may have appeared they ordered and assembled part by part but I think thats just a wives tale
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 10-19-2015 at 01:10 AM.
    Kalifornistan likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

I've built 4 kits from older bikes being parted out on eBay. I usually have to contact the seller to explain the internals that are usually left with the crank case. They all have been happy to pull the gears and include with what they thought was a complete kick start from these older bikes.

So, that's another way to get your kick starter with a REAL TW200 kick lever.

Oh, the BAY AREA YAMAHA kit is not parts they assemble. It's a honest-to-god kit they order from Japan. At least that is what they told me. They said they order a few kits each month from Japan and that I could be added to a list. I did that and got one from them. It's very complete. You won't need anything else other than oil.

As far as the XT225 kit, it's not exact with just the TW200 knuckle added. You may ask, "what is the difference?" The difference is that the XT225 kicker kit has a slightly different kick lever compared to the TW200 kicker. It's more than just the knuckle

Here is a close-up view of the genuine TW200 kicker;

I don't have a photo of the XT225 kicker installed on a TW200, but I bet someone here has one they can post for comparison.
    The bear slayer!

I live just outside Golden, BC. Thanks for the warm welcome. You guys rock. I'm working with the dealer here in town where I bought the bike and I used to work there. They have never had anyone ask about a kit start for a TW. I'll run these parts #s and see what they can pull off. I'd prefer to buy a complete kit and not have to do the leg work if I can avoid it. Any Canadian shop suggestions that may have kits? Our dollar is pretty low compared to the US, making shopping over the border a bit pricey. I have need a Kickstart more than a few time this week. I left my key on a few time and killed my battery. Classic rookie manoeuvre.

TW200 kick lever;

XT225 kick lever;

Don't get me wrong; the XT225 kick lever will work with the TW200 knuckle added, but it's not the stock size and it won't fit as nice to the TW. I think the TW lever gets at least another tooth on the spline so you have more motor turn-over with the original part.
    PlacerLode and jbfla like this.
    The bear slayer!

I used the list posted on this site to order each part individually for my Tdub. Haven't installed yet.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links