TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

why can't I find a carb re-build kit for 2012

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bajaDean 
#1 ·
I have done a search on ebay and procycle type places for carb rebuild kits for the 2012 and seems all of them are for pre 2012.

One ebay says for up to 2015 but when you enter the specific year 2012 it says it is not compatible.

Nothing I could find in this forum in a general search to help answer this issue.

#2 ·
all parts are the same 2001 through 2016 but make sure you buy genuine Yamaha parts not the aftermarket junk

Partzilla: OEM Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, Marine Parts gets all my Yamaha part biz

chances are you need

Pilot jet

Float bowl gasket

Needle seat "kit"

everything else can be cleaned with solvent and a carb cleaning tool (ie acetylene torch tip cleaner)

Reactions: admiral
#3 ·
I suggest ordering the individual parts you need OEM from your favorite online parts retailer via the microfiche. My favorite is www.rockymountainatvmc.com/
if you don't have your own.

Reactions: admiral
#4 · (Edited)
so has anyone had a good experience with moose kits? They are made in Japan.

Yamaha TW200 TW 200 Carburetor Carb Repair Rebuild Kit 2001 2011 New Free SHIP | eBay

I like rocky mountains site for interactive knowing if a part is in stock and touching the part to get the price. Very nicely done. Thanks for the tip.

and lastly anyone ever find a water separator that can be put in before the carb?

the also noted Partzilla is on ebay too.

#5 ·
#6 ·
thanks, just ordered a kit have a friend coming down to baja next week.

still wanting a water separator that is small usable on the bike. Did a rogh search of the internet and all are too large for a motorcycle.

if someone has an idea for one, can not find on the internet.

I need them for all my bikes down here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.