Please help asap
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ok bought a 130 dollar carb from a guy off here that was supposed to be good. Well not so much.. The two side bars that hold the float bar up is broke. Cannot fix the overflowing of fuel. Can anyone help me. My bike is a 94 and I tried do long to find one then found this one. I will buy one but can't afford much. Already restored this thing now no carb. Gonna give up and part out if can't get one. Just can't tell wife since I've spent so much on it already.

That guy basically sold you a broken carb that cannot be fixed. If it was someone from this site, post the name so the rest of us can be wary of dealing with them.

Sorry to hear you got cheated, that was almost the price of a new carb. Have you tried to speak with them about making good on it?

If the seller did not know about the damage maybe they will be honest enough to take it back.

Phelonius
    Phelonius

Watch ebay. TW200 carbs come up often. Two up now, but both are 2nd gen. Anyone ever retrofit a new carb to an early engine?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

wow. I would've been P I S S E D
    -Respect the person who has seen the dark side of motorcycling and lived.

-Winter is Nature's way of telling you to polish.

-A good rider has balance, judgment, and good timing. So does a good lover.

-Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

-Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

-'Oh S$$t!' is usually the moment when your plan parts ways with reality

-Well-trained reflexes are quicker than luck.

-Don't lead the pack if you don't know where you're going.

-What do you call a cyclist who doesn't wear a helmet? An organ donor

Where did they break? Do you still have the pieces? Thinking JB Weld may be your friend depending on where they broke and if you still have them...
    Sold bike.

Youtube vids of old TW's acceleration:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

He would have had to known. It was repaired with solder. I got it off eBay from a guy that is a member here. Also bought a throttle tube that was busted. I was more than pissed. Spent well over 150 with this guy to get nothing but junk. The forum handle is tw200x2. So yea honest buyer gets screwed again

Sorry to hear you got ripped off by a member.

I bought a crank shaft assembly off a member of the old forum and the rod was bent and the small end was knackered, it looked like the engine had suffered catastrophic failure, the cost of delivery to the UK was also pretty high.

I think unless the member has quite a high post count and has a good reputation with most of the other members it's a case of caveat emptor "buyer beware".

Sad but true.

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    If you bought it off Ebay and the item is defective and was not as described, open up a dispute and if the seller won't resolve it for you, you may be able to get a Paypal credit or get him banned from posting on Ebay again, as well as give him negative feedback. If he sold you junk, it's in his best interest to take it back and give you a refund. Your first effort shpould be to contact the seller, and you only have 45 days to open a dispute with Ebay and Paypal,

Well that's what I'm gonna do today cause this will never do. I will not be able to adjust anything or clean it in fear of it breaking

Just giving you an update since we talked... no 94 bikes are in B.C. for parts, but still waiting on replies from three salvage yards. Jack Motorcycle Salvage is closed today and is probably the best source as this guy lives and breaths for bike parts. If anyone can get one, it will be him! There is a good parts finding service down there for finding all kinds of parts, it would be a good one to watch for carbs. Here is the link - http://www.ownster.com/. Good luck with your search and dont give up as one ride on that TW and all will be worth it. I will keep searching for one on this side of the line, Chris.
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links