rocker shaft screw size....
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ok i found a link to a thread from back in 09 but cant look at the pics etc...

so i need the info on what size the thread are in the rocker arm shafts so i can fix my customers TW200...... (tip of valve is GONE)

thanks

lance

If no one chimes in with the answer, is the other valve adjustment screw in good condition? If so, remove it and find a thread size gauge.
    Sold bike.

Youtube vids of old TW's acceleration:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pgilles View Post
    If no one chimes in with the answer, is the other valve adjustment screw in good condition? If so, remove it and find a thread size gauge.

not looking for the screw/locknut thread pitch.. need the ROCKER ARM SHAFT thread pitch/tool.. theres a puller YAMAHA sells but dont know the pitch (6 x ??) i seen one other place it was 6 x 1.5 REVERSE THREAD but dont know for sure..

thanks

lance

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Oh that part When I did my cam upgrade it said to remove those shafts in order to install the cam. Well, I didn't have to but I thought a bolt from the cam bearing retainer fit in it? I sort of remember trying to remove them but then figured out I didn't have to to install the cam. It's worth a shot until someone else who knows chimes in. I've searched XT's, YTM's and TW's on the web and came up with nothing on the thread pitch.

When you find out, post it up!
    Sold bike.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Oh that part When I did my cam upgrade it said to remove those shafts in order to install the cam. Well, I didn't have to but I thought a bolt from the cam bearing retainer fit in it? I sort of remember trying to remove them but then figured out I didn't have to to install the cam. It's worth a shot until someone else who knows chimes in. I've searched XT's, YTM's and TW's on the web and came up with nothing on the thread pitch.

When you find out, post it up!

thanks.... like i said i found a post from in 09 but couldnt look at pics or PM the people that started the thread... not sure what was up with that...

thanks

lance

Yeah, the old pictures don't carry over. When we lost that site, we lost the pictures...unfortunately. The manual doesn't state the thread size, but it says the p/n of the puller is YU-01083....googling that I found this site: http://www.thevirago.co.uk/viragoVir...nual--0108.asp

The top right picture shows the puller and claims it's 8mm, but doesn't state pitch. So it should be either M8x1.25 or M8x1.0. But I can't say with certainty.
    Sold bike.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

well crap.. i know for a fact they are 6mm after messing with them today at ACE hardware but like i said ive read they are REVERSE THREAD.... ill have to hit up the local yamaha shop and see if they can pull it for me... guess ill have to charge the customer whatever they charge me....

thanks

lance

Yeah, the old pictures don't carry over. When we lost that site, we lost the pictures...unfortunately. The manual doesn't state the thread size, but it says the p/n of the puller is YU-01083....googling that I found this site: http://www.thevirago.co.uk/viragoVir...nual--0108.asp

The top right picture shows the puller and claims it's 8mm, but doesn't state pitch. So it should be either M8x1.25 or M8x1.0.

Strange. Maybe Yamaha has different dash numbers for that puller for different applications? Can you confirm it's reverse thread by putting a light on the threads and taking a peek? Or it is too hard to see in there? Been a while since I dug in that far.

Otherwise, there is a forum member on here by the handle "macbig2k1"...he could help you out. He's in Germany and owns a shop and would know this information... http://www.tw-parts.com/
    Sold bike.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by qkenuf4u View Post
    well crap.. i know for a fact they are 6mm after messing with them today at ACE hardware but like i said ive read they are REVERSE THREAD.... ill have to hit up the local yamaha shop and see if they can pull it for me... guess ill have to charge the customer whatever they charge me....

thanks

lance

If this information can help you ...

I made ​​my tool

To extract the camshaft is the M10

For the rocker shaft is the M6

Sorry, but my English is bad ...

thanks CHRISTDDEL... but a normal 6x1.0 bolt wont thread into the rocker shafts so i do believe they are REVERSE THREAD.. ill look really close tomorrow after work and verify that.. they are also a pretty fine thread.....ive read they are 6 x 1.5...

Quote Originally Posted by christddel View Post
    If this information can help you ...

I made ​​my tool

To extract the camshaft is the M10

For the rocker shaft is the M6

Sorry, but my English is bad ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links