Is this the stock carb?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Theres a 230 kit on the bike and its running lean up top. I need to buy a new main jet for it so it stops popping and falling on itself at WOT.

I was looking at this thread.

http://tw200.forumotion.com/t152-tk-...spacing-change

And I was wondering if I can buy those jets at a Yamaha or most bike parts dealers? A few threads here made it seem like gaskets and jets were hard to find for this carb.

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...dentification/

You don't show enough of the carb for a positive I.D., but it looks like the later TW CV carb.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Visually it looks the same, I'm not sure if there might be a TTR230 carb that is visually the same but different in the guts. I suppose it wont matter so long as I can get different jets, I guess the bigger question is can you get ones that work with stock TK carbs at the Yamaha dealership?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by titanium View Post
    Visually it looks the same, I'm not sure if there might be a TTR230 carb that is visually the same but different in the guts. I suppose it wont matter so long as I can get different jets, I guess the bigger question is can you get ones that work with stock TK carbs at the Yamaha dealership?

The TTR230 uses a much bigger carb and manifold. As far as I know the only other possibilty would be an XT225 carb. Have a dealer run the numbers.

I run the old style carbs so I can't help you with jet sources. I do have a CV carb here, but mine is a Cali carb and the numbers are completely different. I'm sure you'll get more answers than you bargained for very shortly.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Double post. Too much coffee.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by titanium View Post
    ... I guess the bigger question is can you get ones that work with stock TK carbs at the Yamaha dealership?
    Most dealers have a box of dozens of jets that their mechanics use. You may be able to talk them out of one or two... for a price.

If not, read Qwerty's Carb Tuning thread for jet part numbers:

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/647-carb-tuning/

Ordering them online may, or may not be less expensive, depending on the postage.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Quote Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
    Most dealers have a box of dozens of jets that their mechanics use. You may be able to talk them out of one or two... for a price.

If not, read Qwerty's Carb Tuning thread for jet part numbers:

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/647-carb-tuning/

Ordering them online may, or may not be less expensive, depending on the postage.

jb

I saw that, hopefully the current jet is smaller than the Aussie one and maybe that will do the trick. It kinda sucks that the retailers seem to have tons of other after market ones and no one has confirmed that any of them work despite them saying they're universal.

288-14343-68 is a #136 jet used on the TY350, TT600, and current XT250.

288-14343-70 is a #140 jet used on the BW350, TY350, and XT600.

288-14343-73 is a #146 jet used on the TY350.

288-14343-75 is a #150 jet used on the TY350.

See the part number pattern? I think 185 (#170) is as rich as Yamaha uses.

Thats awesome, thanks much for that. You should toss that in the tuner post too.

I'm guessing

288-14343-66 would be the #134 jet?

With these possibly being on different brand carbs would the thread pitch and size work with ours just fine?

Best I can tell, the last two numbers are the size of the hole, and all the rest of the numbers being the same means the jets are the same other than the hole. Might want to check with someone a bit more knowledgeable about Yamaha parts than me.

I don't know if a #134 jet is available. The bigger the last pair of numbers in this series of jets, the wider the gap between available part numbers. Go to one of the online parts vendors and plug the part number 288-14343-66 in their search engine and you'll find that is the number for the #132.5 jet, which I think is stock on TWs in Australia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links