Jet kit for 'older' style carb?
Close

A lot of people on the 'old' forum mentioning re-jetting their '01+ carbs with 130 mains. Does anyone happen to know what this translates to on the pre-01 carbs?

Unfortunately, I can no longer search the old forum
    Check out my custom TW200 build Hidden Content .

TTR225 SS header, FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe, EK o-ring chain, 15T front sprocket, 50T rear sprocket, 20W fork oil, Drag Specialities speedometer, Victory Vegas headlight, Acerbis universal supermoto front fender, Vintage Yamaha chrome gas cap, Integrated LED rear tail/turn/brake light, Yamaha Blaster shock, Pro Taper SE ATV High handlebar, Western Powersports off-road handguards, Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips, Over-sized foot pegs, Maxxis 6006 front tire, seat cover from eBay seller mac32756.

116 or 118 probably. The old ones come standard with 114. I went to a 116 from the 107! that the previous owner had used, finds it runs much better on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by PJungnitsch View Post
    116 or 118 probably. The old ones come standard with 114. I went to a 116 from the 107! that the previous owner had used, finds it runs much better on the highway.
    With your modified intake ,you might even go to a 120, i would buy a few different sizes and experiment.

Have fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tw1994 View Post
    With your modified intake ,you might even go to a 120, i would buy a few different sizes and experiment.

Have fun.

Thanks guys, I assume I'll also have to shim the needle and am wondering if you might know what size those shims should be (diameter)? Thanks in advance!

TTR225 SS header, FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe, EK o-ring chain, 15T front sprocket, 50T rear sprocket, 20W fork oil, Drag Specialities speedometer, Victory Vegas headlight, Acerbis universal supermoto front fender, Vintage Yamaha chrome gas cap, Integrated LED rear tail/turn/brake light, Yamaha Blaster shock, Pro Taper SE ATV High handlebar, Western Powersports off-road handguards, Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips, Over-sized foot pegs, Maxxis 6006 front tire, seat cover from eBay seller mac32756.

No shims here, seems to run fine.

Standard intake though, upsized pilot jet (42 from 40), pilot screw 2 turns out. 2000 ft altitude.

I posted a few links here: https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...ch__1#entry993

I'll echo what everyone else has said -- with a modified intake I'd start with a 118 and go up from there. I shimmed my needle, but I'm not sure it was necessary. I'll try and see if I can find the little package of shims I used -- I just went to Home Depot and found some stainless washers that worked fine.

trey
    '97 TW200

'07 Bandit 1250SA

Quote Originally Posted by treybrad View Post

Wow, sorry I missed this link earlier. Looks like this has everything I need. Thank you very much!

Sponosred Links