Went from Yamalube to Mobile 1, 4T and I don't like it,
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Went from Yamalube to Mobile 1, 4T and I don't like it,

Went from Yamalube to Mobile 1, 4T and I don't like it,

On my 97 with about 3000 miles on it, Single past owner used Yamalube and after doing a lot of reading here I went ahead and changed the oil with Mobile 1, 4T, 10-40 If I recall,
    Its been cool here, Not above 72* any day Ive been out on the bike and the TW lives indoors in Temp controlled area at work,
    The Mobile 1 is fine I guess,
    But the difference I feel is that the transmission is a tad noisier and the shifting is clunky,
    With the Yamalube the shifting was always kind of buttery,
    With the Mobile 1 its transformed to a more metal to metal feel and with a good "Clack" and seems to require a bit more force to change gears,
    While everything functions as it should, I liked how the Yamalube felt.
    I have a gallon of Ravenol Quad 4T oil I will try next month,
    Any one else here notice the same thing?
    I also have a 99 Buell and found that the stock Harley oil os the smoothest shifting I have tried for the primary fluid so Im back to using that,
    My 70s BMWs clunk and clack regardless, Just nature of the beast,
    Is there something in the Yamalube I don't know about?
    Thanks all and keep on riding !
    Peter B
    littletommy likes this.

Intereting, I have stayed away from syntheric, completely based on my experience with older motors and weeping from gaskets (just my personal experience).I use Rotella Dino 15-40 and did not notice a variance in shift quality. I have noticed that I can feel a slow deterioration in shift quality as the oil gets older. Generally I change it as soon as the shifting feel changes. This is usually after a out 250 miles of off road riding. I assume it is all the shifting and clutch use, low speed, high temps vs. on-road use.
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    On my 97 with about 3000 miles on it, Single past owner used Yamalube and after doing a lot of reading here I went ahead and changed the oil with Mobile 1, 4T, 10-40 If I recall,
    Its been cool here, Not above 72* any day Ive been out on the bike and the TW lives indoors in Temp controlled area at work,
    The Mobile 1 is fine I guess,
    But the difference I feel is that the transmission is a tad noisier and the shifting is clunky,
    With the Yamalube the shifting was always kind of buttery,
    With the Mobile 1 its transformed to a more metal to metal feel and with a good "Clack" and seems to require a bit more force to change gears,
    While everything functions as it should, I liked how the Yamalube felt.
    I have a gallon of Ravenol Quad 4T oil I will try next month,
    Any one else here notice the same thing?
    I also have a 99 Buell and found that the stock Harley oil os the smoothest shifting I have tried for the primary fluid so Im back to using that,
    My 70s BMWs clunk and clack regardless, Just nature of the beast,
    Is there something in the Yamalube I don't know about?
    Thanks all and keep on riding !
    Peter B

I switched he'd back to yamalube yesterday from mobile 1 for the same exact reason. I was going to post up on it today but you beat me to it.
    Yamalube works way better for me, much less rattling of the cam chain, shifts better, way quieter internally. If you get yamalube by the gallon of Amazon it's not so bad but worth it in my opinion.
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Thank you for sharing your opinions guys, but please realize that you are leaving out the specifics. Yamalube what? Conventional, synthetic, semi? Weight?
    Dryden-Tdub, littletommy and Darth like this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    Thank you for sharing your opinions guys, but please realize that you are leaving out the specifics. Yamalube what? Conventional, synthetic, semi? Weight?
    Yes, that's true.
    If you're talking about oil, you have to talk about the specifications.

oil.jpg
    littletommy and Darth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by macbig2k1 View Post
    Yes, that's true.
    If you're talking about oil, you have to talk about the specifications.

oil.jpg
    Lets not forget JASO...

More spec details in this thread post here on JASO:

https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...tml#post260776

I use 10W-50 Yamalube for Sport semi Dino..

From the container:

"When it comes to Yamaha, it's all about the engine. And when it comes to the engine, it's all about performance. So whether you prefer the track, trail, highway, water or snow, choose oil and care products specifically formulated to enhance the performance of your Yamaha engine - Yamalube

• Designed from both mineral and synthetic base stocks to provide maximum benefit to all sport applications, this oil is blended to handle the high stress found in competition engines.
    • Yamalube's exclusive blend minimizes frictional losses while providing critical protection against ring wear and piston scuffing.
    • It resists thermal breakdown with race-inspired lubrication for riding on the road or in the dirt.
    • Meets or exceeds the JASO MA requirements for wet clutch operation and gear protection.
    • Note: Image may not reflect actual product sold. Read product description carefully."

The only thing that runs as quiet for me is bel ray thumper 50 semi.
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 05-15-2016 at 09:08 AM.
    littletommy likes this.

littletommy likes this.

I have always used Castrol 10w40 motorcycle oil but will have to try the Yamalube next time.
    JerseyJeeper and littletommy like this.

My experience was just the opposite from the OP here. Nothing but goodness all the way with the 4T Racing Oil.
    ldmccain likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    My experience was just the opposite from the OP here. Nothing but goodness all the way with the 4T Racing Oil.
    I wish I could say the same because I bought a case of it. My TW engine is too noisy with it. I'm sticking to the Yamalube and my lawn mower will run the Mobile1! Well and my jeep...
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links