Slipping feel at full throttle acceleration in all gears
Close

Just started on my ride to work this afternoon. It seem to get rapidly worse at every full stop. If I take it really easy on the throttle no slipping. Get on half throttle and it starts to "slip". I don't have a good way to describe it other than it feels like the transmission slips, like its just briefly failing to pull the bike. It "slips" and then engages and then slips again, and then engages. This continues until I get up to speed. Suggestions on things to check? I appreciate any advice.

BDub on a TDub
    BDub on a TDub

mine did that too when I first got it. I put a little bit of slack in the bar perch adjustment screw and checked to make sure the clutch spring on the engine case was on there correctly and all my slipping problems went away. Have you changed your oil lately? make sure you use engine oil that is wet clutch compatible, I use Amsoil myself.

adjust your clutch. samething happened to me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    mine did that too when I first got it. I put a little bit of slack in the bar perch adjustment screw and checked to make sure the clutch spring on the engine case was on there correctly and all my slipping problems went away. Have you changed your oil lately? make sure you use engine oil that is wet clutch compatible, I use Amsoil myself.

Add slack? I guess I figured I'd need to tighten the cable up. Clutch spring is properly situated. I haven't done my seasonal oil change yet, but I always ensure that I'm using wet-clutch-compatible oil. I'll have to give the clutch cable adjustment a try.
    BDub on a TDub

Quote Originally Posted by BDUB View Post
    Add slack? I guess I figured I'd need to tighten the cable up. Clutch spring is properly situated. I haven't done my seasonal oil change yet, but I always ensure that I'm using wet-clutch-compatible oil. I'll have to give the clutch cable adjustment a try.

I added a washer made by me to the clutch spring. My clutch slipped when I built the TW200 into a TW225. It is not slipping now.

Ronnydog

Quote Originally Posted by ronnydog View Post
    I added a washer made by me to the clutch spring. My clutch slipped when I built the TW200 into a TW225. It is not slipping now.

Ronnydog

Wow! Thanks for the suggestion. It looks simple enough, and cheap enough to not matter if it doesn't work.
    BDub on a TDub

Quote Originally Posted by BDUB View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the suggestion. It looks simple enough, and cheap enough to not matter if it doesn't work.

Cheep and affitiont I like! I installed the Barnett clutches and springs and it slipped untill I added the washer. Let me know how it works for you.

Ronnydog

I added slack in the bar perch cable adjustment because the cable was too tight and keeping the clutch just a little too engaged wich caused the slipping.

Sponosred Links