Battery
Close

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Battery

My battery died(( Where is the best place to buy one? and do they have a gel battery for our TW's?

Quote Originally Posted by mga60tw View Post
    My battery died(( Where is the best place to buy one? and do they have a gel battery for our TW's?

Like several others here on the board, I put in an Odyssey PC310. Google it to learn more.
    2007 TW "Muley": Cyclerack rear, 55 tooth rear sprocket, Duro Power Grip & Shinko SR241, Clarke tank, Ricochet bash plate, Mule hitch pin quick seat removal, Trail Tech Vapor w/ Dashboard, hardwired Garmin 60csx & 205w, 12vdc adaptor, independent high beam off/on and signal beeper, modified seat.

2000 Yamaha V-star 650 Custom - [sold]

2009 Yamaha WR250R - "Willie Boy" the slimmer faster brother of my Muley.

2009 Hidden Content . Wow, what fun on the highway!

I posted this on the old forum about four years ago. There was some discussion that it was not a genuine Yuasa battery, and apparently it is not.

However, it is an AGM type battery, and after 4 years it is still going strong. I believe I bought it from a eBay vendor, but am not sure.

jb

Added foam around the new battery:

2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I note from your second photo that the regulator/rectifier is showing in your shot and is of the aluminum "finned" variety. My old '93 has a non-finned version. (See photo below) I'm thinking this newer design should run cooler. Anyone know if the new one can be used in place of the old one on older TWs?

+1 What Jeff said. I'm really partial to Odyssey products because of the good luck I've had with them in my TW's and in my dunebuggy. Honestly though the Odyssey is fairly expensive (but it comes with a cool decal!) so if someone didn't want to spend the extra coin just going with a cheaper AGM battery would be better than going with an OEM-style wet battery (IMHO). Unless you never plan on venturing off-road or falling over. But when you're laying on your side on a trail feeling your house keys digging into your left thigh, wondering how you're going to get your left foot out from under your now horizontal MC, you look-up to see your friend snapping pictures, knowing they're destined for the Internet before the sun goes down, it's nice to not have to worry about your wet battery dripping all over you or your TW.

--Kevin
    '04 TW - Ricochet skid plate, IMS pegs, Odyssey battery, Seat Concepts seat, wide front tire. Geared low N' Slow Hidden Content

Honda Grom
    KTM 990 Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Kev250R View Post
    +1 What Jeff said. I'm really partial to Odyssey products because of the good luck I've had with them in my TW's and in my dunebuggy. Honestly though the Odyssey is fairly expensive (but it comes with a cool decal!) so if someone didn't want to spend the extra coin just going with a cheaper AGM battery would be better than going with an OEM-style wet battery (IMHO). Unless you never plan on venturing off-road or falling over. But when you're laying on your side on a trail feeling your house keys digging into your left thigh, wondering how you're going to get your left foot out from under your now horizontal MC, you look-up to see your friend snapping pictures, knowing they're destined for the Internet before the sun goes down, it's nice to not have to worry about your wet battery dripping all over you or your TW.

--Kevin

Been there. Done that. Got the dings.

truelight, If your regulator has been working since 1993 I wouldn't change it now, but it would be good to know if the newer one would work. I don't know the answer, but someone on here probably will let us know.

The best deal i found on an Odyssey PC310 is at this site. the price was even cheaper after you added it to your shopping cart. $120.00 instead of $167.50. Total with shipping was $134.03

http://www.portablepower.com/odyssey_pc310-p-265.html

The cheapest Yuasa YTZ7S was $59.00 free shipping at this site:

http://www.bikebatts.com/product_inf...591db548e15987

I went with the Odyssey Tank battery for my Tdub.

Sheesh! I just went to the local battery refurbisher place & got one for just under $38.

I figure I'll either keep the battery going by riding the bike a lot more, or kill the battery again by letting the bike sit. Depends on what happens in the rest of my life.

For less than $40 I can get another one next year... I'm not paying $100 or more for a battery I might trash!

Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Quote Originally Posted by srs713 View Post
    Sheesh! I just went to the local battery refurbisher place & got one for just under $38.

I figure I'll either keep the battery going by riding the bike a lot more, or kill the battery again by letting the bike sit. Depends on what happens in the rest of my life.

For less than $40 I can get another one next year... I'm not paying $100 or more for a battery I might trash!

The Odyssey batteries are made to last a decade, and they can sit on a shelf or in your bike for a year without loosing a charge.they are vibration proof. they wont leak acid and drip on your exhaust and frame. And if you keep and ride your Tw for 10 years you will spend more than $100 on cheap leaky batteries over that lifespan.

If you plan on trashing the bike in one year then yes go the cheap route and spend 40 bucks. but if you plan on keeping the bike then 40 bucks a year for ten years is 400 bucks.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links