changed oil.......hmmmmm
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Changed oil today...first oil change,less than 100 miles.Used yamalube 10w40....cleaned oil screen,filter etc.Everything was placed back properly...filter,four slots,four holes,placed towards engine.Started bike and loosened the "check bolt"(didn't know this bike had one until checking these threads!)and no oil came out....did this 3 times same result. Checked the oil filter again...proper placement.Any suggestions?.

Quote Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
    Changed oil today...first oil change,less than 100 miles.Used yamalube 10w40....cleaned oil screen,filter etc.Everything was placed back properly...filter,four slots,four holes,placed towards engine.Started bike and loosened the "check bolt"(didn't know this bike had one until checking these threads!)and no oil came out....did this 3 times same result. Checked the oil filter again...proper placement.Any suggestions?.

Once you fill the bike with oil, you should see oil in the small window on the right side. Did you fill the bike with 1000cc?
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Loosen the check bolt all the way. My bike would do the same. A few turns and no oil, turn it enough where it's about to fall out and then I got oil.

I guess you could rev it up and hold it there to build up more pressure...if you're a gambler
    Sold bike.

Youtube vids of old TW's acceleration:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I had to lossen the screw almost all the way out to get oil out. I just did mine yesterday and followed the post here. Im sure your fine.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Filled the case with 1.3 qt.and yes I did see oil in the window....bike was vertical not running.Another question,when the bike is running and if you are holding it vertical,should you see oil in the window?.Yes,I backed the check screw several turns on all 3 occasions....tomorrow I'll try taking it out all of the way I guess.

Filled the case with 1.3 qt.and yes I did see oil in the window....bike was vertical not running.Another question,when the bike is running and if you are holding it vertical,should you see oil in the window?.Yes,I backed the check screw several turns on all 3 occasions....tomorrow I'll try taking it out all of the way I guess.l
    Just went out and checked mine. Vertical oil in window, start it up no oil visible. I had to back the screw all the way out toget oil out of it. As soon as I got oil I just hit the kill switch and put the screw back in.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Sounds like my bike is normal,I'll take out the screw tomorrow and see what happens....there probably isn't much pressure at idle on 200cc bikes??.

Sounds like my bike is normal,I'll take out the screw tomorrow and see what happens....there probably isn't much pressure at idle on 200cc bikes??.

I took the whole bolt out when I checked mine. You'll be surprised how much oil starts coming out of there.

why do you have to back that bolt out? im not sure what purpose it serves.

Quote Originally Posted by hoofhearted529 View Post
    why do you have to back that bolt out? im not sure what purpose it serves.

It's just a double-check to make sure that the oil is pumping like it should.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links