changed oil.......hmmmmm
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Senior Member frog13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SW, Ohio
    Posts
    2,518
    Changed oil today...first oil change,less than 100 miles.Used yamalube 10w40....cleaned oil screen,filter etc.Everything was placed back properly...filter,four slots,four holes,placed towards engine.Started bike and loosened the "check bolt"(didn't know this bike had one until checking these threads!)and no oil came out....did this 3 times same result. Checked the oil filter again...proper placement.Any suggestions?.

  2. #2
    Senior Member joedirt1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cardiff by the Sea, CA
    Posts
    1,345
    Quote Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
    Changed oil today...first oil change,less than 100 miles.Used yamalube 10w40....cleaned oil screen,filter etc.Everything was placed back properly...filter,four slots,four holes,placed towards engine.Started bike and loosened the "check bolt"(didn't know this bike had one until checking these threads!)and no oil came out....did this 3 times same result. Checked the oil filter again...proper placement.Any suggestions?.


    Once you fill the bike with oil, you should see oil in the small window on the right side. Did you fill the bike with 1000cc?
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

    2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

    Hidden Content

  3. #3
    Senior Member pgilles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    918
    Loosen the check bolt all the way. My bike would do the same. A few turns and no oil, turn it enough where it's about to fall out and then I got oil.



    I guess you could rev it up and hold it there to build up more pressure...if you're a gambler
    Sold bike.



    Youtube vids of old TW's acceleration:

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member n2o2diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    Posts
    1,715
    Quote Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
    Changed oil today...first oil change,less than 100 miles.Used yamalube 10w40....cleaned oil screen,filter etc.Everything was placed back properly...filter,four slots,four holes,placed towards engine.Started bike and loosened the "check bolt"(didn't know this bike had one until checking these threads!)and no oil came out....did this 3 times same result. Checked the oil filter again...proper placement.Any suggestions?.
    I had to lossen the screw almost all the way out to get oil out. I just did mine yesterday and followed the post here. Im sure your fine.
    Hidden Content

    2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

  6. #5
    Senior Member frog13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SW, Ohio
    Posts
    2,518
    Filled the case with 1.3 qt.and yes I did see oil in the window....bike was vertical not running.Another question,when the bike is running and if you are holding it vertical,should you see oil in the window?.Yes,I backed the check screw several turns on all 3 occasions....tomorrow I'll try taking it out all of the way I guess.

  7. #6
    Senior Member n2o2diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    Posts
    1,715
    Quote Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
    Filled the case with 1.3 qt.and yes I did see oil in the window....bike was vertical not running.Another question,when the bike is running and if you are holding it vertical,should you see oil in the window?.Yes,I backed the check screw several turns on all 3 occasions....tomorrow I'll try taking it out all of the way I guess.l
    Just went out and checked mine. Vertical oil in window, start it up no oil visible. I had to back the screw all the way out toget oil out of it. As soon as I got oil I just hit the kill switch and put the screw back in.
    Hidden Content

    2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

  8. #7
    Senior Member frog13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SW, Ohio
    Posts
    2,518
    Sounds like my bike is normal,I'll take out the screw tomorrow and see what happens....there probably isn't much pressure at idle on 200cc bikes??.

  9. #8
    Senior Member RodneyReed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
    Sounds like my bike is normal,I'll take out the screw tomorrow and see what happens....there probably isn't much pressure at idle on 200cc bikes??.


    I took the whole bolt out when I checked mine. You'll be surprised how much oil starts coming out of there.

  10. #9
    Junior Member hoofhearted529's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24
    why do you have to back that bolt out? im not sure what purpose it serves.

  11. #10
    Senior Member RodneyReed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by hoofhearted529 View Post
    why do you have to back that bolt out? im not sure what purpose it serves.


    It's just a double-check to make sure that the oil is pumping like it should.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Changed the counter sprocket and now the bike won't start
    By rurlndum in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 07:05 PM
  2. Just changed my oil
    By Delboy in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 11:58 AM
  3. Changed Oil, noticed slight ping sound after?
    By triple3jrb in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 01:28 AM