Unknown Rubber Part
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've got an XT200 (1982), same engine as the TW200. Other than the engine, not much is the same, so I'm not sure anyone will be able to help. I took off the seat, air filter box, gas tank. Then I notice this rubber part lying on the ground. I can't figure out where it came from. Any Ideas?

Photo of Part

Hmmm? Not a clue. I'm guessing here, but maybe a pad to prevent squeaking where the seat rests on the frame?

my swag is a rubber bumper/damper, look around for a slot that looks like it will accommidate the thinner side or look for something that has a rub mark on it like the fatter side

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Believe it or not, it goes on the lower headlight mount. How it got under your seat is anyone's guess.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Believe it or not, it goes on the lower headlight mount. How it got under your seat is anyone's guess.

Thanks! I'll see if I can find a place for it there. It would be funny if the lower headlight mount already has one, and that this one is one they lost at the factory and only got found now.

If yours has the round headlight, disregard. If it has the square one, the grommet goes fat side down on the underside of your headlight bezel then slips over a tab on the fork-mounted headlight bracket. Tw's and XT250's, 350's and 600's have the same grommet. They're usually long gone.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I just looked at a parts diagram for the headlight of my XT200 and I do not see it there. I'll inspect the XT200 when I get home this evening and see if it indeed goes there somewhere.

If yours has the round headlight, disregard. If it has the square one, the grommet goes fat side down on the underside of your headlight bezel then slips over a tab on the fork-mounted headlight bracket. Tw's and XT250's, 350's and 600's have the same grommet. They're usually long gone.

Mine has a round headlight.

How about I throw another spin on this, which is a more likely candidate: I have lots of these show up in my driveway.

Pick whichever car you own that has drum brakes in the rear, and put the rubber part (inspection/adjustment plug) back in the drum backing plate before you ruin your brakes or lose the plug
    --

1997 TW, well loved, a bit modified.

Quote Originally Posted by jontow View Post
    How about I throw another spin on this, which is a more likely candidate: I have lots of these show up in my driveway.

Pick whichever car you own that has drum brakes in the rear, and put the rubber part (inspection/adjustment plug) back in the drum backing plate before you ruin your brakes or lose the plug

You solved the mystery! My Subaru Forester has disc brakes on front and back, but the parking brake is a drum brake. A few weeks ago I replaced the wheel bearing on the right back wheel. by removing that little grommet you can adjust your parking brakes. That little grommet has been lying on the floor unseen until I take apart my XT200. Thanks for your good eye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links