help please
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help please

i have a 2003 tw200 and i love it but i have recently started having problems with it and i am hopeing someone could help every morning when i go to start it. It wont start unless i rev the throttle will doing so and the choke makes it worse this just started about 2 weeks ago before that i could give it choke and it would fire right up with no problems. the other problem is the spark plug i gapped it at .028 and will running the bike you can hear a knock from the spark plug so i stop and wait for the motor to cool look at the plug and the plug wont even fit back on the gapper it is so tight what would cause the plug to do this is it hiting the piston if so why is it and how to fix it i do not over tight my plug thanks

Yikes that doesn't sound to good. I'm new to these myself so I can not offer any advice but I'm sure some of the guys will be along here shortly and sort you out. They are a great resource here and very helpful. Good luck with it.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

What kind of spark plug you got? NGK? D8EA? If not you probably have the wrong size, may be too long...

-sS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like the wrong plug, as sS said.

As for your carb problem, did it start when you swapped plugs? If so, maybe the plug is the problem.

Sounds like it's time for a little troubleshooting. If it went wierd all of a sudden, something changed, like a chunk of crude stuck in or came unstuck from a fuel or vacuum passage, or a vacuum hose has a hole in it, or a critter built a nest in the air intake, or any one of 100 different causes.

With a proper tune, it is not necessary to use choke to start in warm weather. However, a cold engine sometimes will die after starting, and if you try to twist the throttle to quickly it will stall. Typical of an engine running a bit lean, which is okay. It'll run richer as it warms up and sort itself out. Adequate warm-up for a slow ride-off is about 10-15 seconds in warm weather. Take it easy the first couple miles to allow the oil and engine to warm up well before getting on it.

No, Tdub isn't running rich. She returns a consistent 77-80mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by secretStash View Post
    What kind of spark plug you got? NGK? D8EA? If not you probably have the wrong size, may be too long...

-sS
    it is an ngk.

D8EA?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    D8EA?
    Yes it is

Is the crush-washer still on the spark plug?
    2008 TW200
    Southwest corner of BC Canada

YouTube channel: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TW_in_BC View Post
    Is the crush-washer still on the spark plug?
    yes it is but even when the plug new when i put it on for the first time it did not want to tighten all the wat so i took it off put it back on and it seemed to fit fine.

my mistake the plug says dr8ea instead of d8ea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links