1. If you have a Cali model you actually have richer jetting, so no worries at sea level-4,000 ft. or so.
2. 15T is as far as I'd go towards gearing upward.
3. You didn't say what year your bike is, but you can download the manual and do a full service on it yourself with some basic skills and tools. II'm assuming you have a late model because of the disc, so you'll need the '01-up spplemental download as well.
4. Consider your planned use for the bike before going to the more street-oriented rubber. They can be like riding on snot, even on fire roads. You get a fair amount of rain up there.
5. Stainless brake hoses are a plus on any bike.
6. I use the "L" shaped filters found at lawnmower and garden equipmernt shops. The straight automotive and motorcycle types can be a tight fit.
Welcome. We have several members up there. One or two of them may even be mentally stable.