tach on a tw200
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: tach on a tw200

does anyone out there have a tachometer on there tw200? where did you get it from? was it specific for a tw200? any feedback would be awesome!

Have a nova mmb messtechnik on my tw. Works good. Looks nice with a blue backlight.

Don't much about it cause I just got the bike and it was on it already.

Seems to be a universal fit.

There was a post on the old forum from a guy that used the Koso tach, worked and looked great.This is the tach I will install soon as I find one... here is a link to it. https://tw200forum.com/forums/94300/ShowPost.aspx
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

thanks for the replies! if i find the koso tach ill post back where i found it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr zannini View Post
    if i find the koso tach ill post back where i found it.

If you can't find it PM me. My shop sells Koso gauges.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Quote Originally Posted by mr zannini View Post
    does anyone out there have a tachometer on there tw200? where did you get it from? was it specific for a tw200? any feedback would be awesome!
    Koso tachs can be purchased direct at kosonorthamerica.com. Model BA481B17 $115. Link to a few installs on my bikes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2751389...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2751389...in/photostream

I just installed the Koso mentioned above, last week. I love love love it. I wanted an analog gauge to match the outdated stock speedometer on the TW. It matches fairly well. The blue light stands out quite a bit at night, it's easy to look down in a flash and catch your RPM. I wish the shift light was slightly brighter. It's hard for me to see using peripheral vision.

The install took me about 2 hours, and thats including soldering and heat shrink tube wrapping the connections.

Thanks to Novaks44 for the following info:

"I recently bought a Koso tachometer for my TW. It's model number BA481B17, and can be had from DennisKirk.com, for $108 and free shipping, which is much cheaper than other places charge for lesser tachs. I like it because it's small, but easy to read, and has a shift light, which I doubt I'll use much, but it's neat just the same. The install was pretty easy. First, I tried to wrap one of the wires it comes with around the plug wire. That did work somewhat, but the readings were erratic, and less than ideal. I then tried the other wire it comes with(type B as they call it), and installed it between the ignition coil and the orange wire that plugs into it. And that, is the way to do it! Perfect, accurate readings! I compared my results to the online gearing calculator for our T'dubs, and it appears to be dead on. The only other wiring, is battery positive, ground, and a switched 12V lead. Simple!"

he also posted

"Another installation note I forgot to mention. When setting up the tach, there are two steps. First, choose the cylinder/cycle mode. The instructions are not very clear on this. Just set it up as their example, so that the needle is pointing at the 2 during this step. Next, you choose the "mode". There's two : Mode 1, and Mode 0. Choose Mode 0(needle pointing at zero), and it'll work correctly. You can check out the instructions on Koso's site, they're in .pdf format. If anyone else gets this gauge, and needs help, let me know! "

Those tips really helped me, because the instruction manual is very vague.

I found a dyno chart someone posted that listed the TW200. Here it is: dyno chart

According to that, I would program the shift light for around 7800 if I was doing performance riding/pushing it hard. I currently have the shift light set at 7grand for when I want to get on the throttle.
    munchmeister likes this.

that tach is expensive get drag specialities for way less

This is my tach / Hobbs meter (total run time in hours). It takes RPM readings every second so the tach is always a little behind. When I bought it it was $16 and now I see they are $32. It was easy to install. Last August I asked and they said if I bought 10 or more I could have them for $18.90 each.

http://enmco.thomasn...t16-tachometer?

Here the engine is off and it show 99 hours. If I start the engine it immediately shows the RPM. I have to add I like mine. For the price I think it is an OK deal.

plumbstraight likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I just put this on and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

plumbstraight likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links