TW 125 into a 200/225
Close

Hello guys I'm from Europe and I have a 125cc 2002 Yamaha Tw I would like to make it a 200/225cc if anyone has tried this I would like information like what needs to be changed, price, sellers, durability and is it worth doing. Hope some1 can help, Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Laktix View Post
    Hello guys I'm from Europe and I have a 125cc 2002 Yamaha Tw I would like to make it a 200/225cc if anyone has tried this I would like information like what needs to be changed, price, sellers, durability and is it worth doing. Hope some1 can help, Cheers

Yes it can be done, here's a brief summary: Buy a 200cc crankshaft and balancer, piston, cylinder, cylinder head. Strip everything out of your 125 crank cases, bolt them back together empty, bore out the opening to accept the bigger cylinder. Reassemble with the 200 components and rejet your carb.

The bike will be very low geared with the 125 primary reduction and 125 clutch basket, so ideally you want the 200 primary and clutch basket but that's not essential.

You can substitute 200 for 225 Serow, TTR etc if you want to go to 225.

Or alternatively put the TW gearbox components and side cover into a Xt225 Serow engine

I have done all the above and it's worth it to me because I like messing with engines and bought the parts one by one when they became available on ebay for a cheap price.

I hope that helps.

Thank you for the info man I'll have to think about it, but if I do it I'll post some pictures on forum so if anyone alse is as intusiastic about this like me!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Take that 125 out to >250cc.

http://www.tw-parts.com/

Sebastian is a regular contributor here. He has dynoed his TW[s]125[/s]200 at over 20hp.

Sponosred Links