carb jet #'s
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: carb jet #'s

now that i have replaced the stock exhaust on my tw200 with a DG slip on,its very obvious that i need to do some carb rejetting. ive found several websites which have info and most of them have different info. a website called jetsrus.com has the main jet listed as a #126. and the slow/pilot jet is listed as a #31. is that correct? do the numbers tell you how big the hole is? if my tw200 is running lean with stock jets than what size jets should i get? what about the needle, does that need to be changed or adjusted in anyway? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ask QWERTY the jeti master, he really likes to repeat himself

just go up 1 size and see how see runs. I only have tuned to the stock exhaust and my riding preference. One change at a time. Then the piolot can be played with

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I posted the general concepts of jetting carbs in the sticky at the top of this forum. The best main for your bike can only be determined by experimentation. Adjust your main by the symptoms listed in the sticky. If you have no symptoms, you might try for a performance gain by changing to one size bigger or smaller, but without symptoms, there's probably not much to be gained.

I've also posted a list of all Yamaha main jets that will physically fit a TW, and some that might. #125, #126, #128, #132, and #132.5 mains have been used in various 2001 to current TW200s, depending on year and the particular market. Oddly, most I've jetted like the #130 main (not actually used on any TW200 best I know) best at low altitudes, and the #125 was a bit rich above 11,000 feet even with the air box lid drilled. If you want to use some other manufacturer's main jets to try to save a buck or two, you're on your own--I refuse to mess with them because they aren't worth the cost in time wasted.

But I echo myself redundantly over and over again once more repeatedly.

It kind of reminds me of that time the record skipped during the infamous Milli-Vanilli concert. Poor old Rob and Fab kept lip synching the same line, over and over and over again.

"Jeti Master"?

BAAWAAHAAHAHAAHAAHAA!!!

Between you and lizrdbrth .... .

I love warped senses of humor.

I guess you had to read that one twice

not warped, just trying to lighten up the "uptight world" one post at a time

sorry im not a do it your self kind guy! not so lucky for me i have to pay the stealership to do this work.i cant just buy jets and start pulling my carb apart. the last thing i need is to be picked on in a forum because i dont understand what content is already on the forum. but hey, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by mr zannini View Post
    sorry im not a do it your self kind guy! not so lucky for me i have to pay the stealership to do this work.i cant just buy jets and start pulling my carb apart. the last thing i need is to be picked on in a forum because i dont understand what content is already on the forum. but hey, thanks for the help.

I don't think anybody meant to pick on you, zannini. It's more of an inside joke type of thing. Hang in there, you'll get that carb dialed in.

I think it's more important that you understand that there's a good possibilty that you need to rejet and are addressing that.

I would be interested in hearing about your experience with the dealer in terms of how they approach the task, the costs involved, etc. It would help those contemplating aftermarket exhausts make informed decisions based on their skillsets, no?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links