I DID IT!!!
Close

Thread: I DID IT!!!

i got my jets and shims in the mail today and i just had to go ahead and try it on my own. heres what happened, i switched from a stock #126 main jet and jumped up to a #130 main jet. i noticed the stock jet was a hex, but the one i replaced it with had a slot. i took out the needle and put in two .020 shims. when i measured the shims thickness i put two together and they measured .046 with my micrometer. handy being a machinist i can have access to tons of measuring equipment. according to google earth my average riding elevation is between 297-525 feet. all together the job was fairly easy and i got all worked up over it for nothing. thanks to everyone who helped me along the way. spark plug had a very light grey color with barely a hint of very lite tan before carb work. ill watch it. i also added a DG O-Series slip on exhaust, no noticeable popping in decel after a hard roll on the throttle. the TW seemed to like the change right from the start. after a few cranks the carb filled with gas and fired right up on half choke. choke off 10 secs later and good idle. thats right i said good idle. started down the road and the TW shifted through the gears much smoother and it felt the the power had been more evenly distrubuted through out the gears, and i did notice more power in the mid and upper gears. the bike seems to run a whole lot better! motor seems to sound alot smoother as well. what should i try next?

Try doing a second gear wheelie.

Good job, zannini.

Nice feeling, no?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

good for you,

not to beat a goat but you should have stuck with yamaha jets.

i was surprised to see that the replacement jet was round with a slot, not hex. jetsrus.com claimed they where oem replacement for the tk carb. but it seems to be ok with the jet i got. if i have any issues at all ill yank it out and try what really is genuine yamaha. what would be gained if i went from a #35 pilot jet to a #38? it seems well now so im just wondering if its one of those, dont fix it if it aint broke, kinda things. hey rodney, second gear wheelies will be coming up next year. gotta completley break in the motor before wheelies can happen. but i know it will do it. ive never been on a bike with a clutch that i could not bring up.

IMHO, 38 pilot would be too rich. However, there's nothing wrong with trying it. You can always switch it back.

So, somebody lied about their parts? Hmmm? Are we surprised? You're on your own with tuning because I don't know what you have.

jets r us = jets ain't them

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    jets r us = jets ain't them
    They gots jets, just not the right ones.

Anywho, how is the bike running now? Any symptoms?

Sponosred Links