After Market Exhaust DG & FMF
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I have tried a slipon DG & FMF on my 1998 TW200 and they don't bolt up! Attach the rear bolt and the front does not line up on both. I am waiting on manufactures reply but thought maybe some one on here has had similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorforgolf View Post
    I have tried a slipon DG & FMF on my 1998 TW200 and they don't bolt up! Attach the rear bolt and the front does not line up on both. I am waiting on manufactures reply but thought maybe some one on here has had similar issues.

We recently found out that the 03 and up TW's have a slightly different exhaust mount than the 87-02 TW's. It's only off by about 3/4 inch. Your aftermarket mufflers might be made for the newer bikes. You can probably fabricate a flat bracket. If you need any advice, post some pics with the back part mounted, and somebody can probably help you.

Check out this post for more info:

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...between-years/

Trying to upload pictures from photobucket but I keep getting an error message, "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." I measured the distance from the front frame bracket to the midpipe bracket and it is 1". Thinking about using a couple of zip ties and runnin this sucker

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    We recently found out that the 03 and up TW's have a slightly different exhaust mount than the 87-02 TW's. It's only off by about 3/4 inch. Your aftermarket mufflers might be made for the newer bikes. You can probably fabricate a flat bracket. If you need any advice, post some pics with the back part mounted, and somebody can probably help you.

Check out this post for more info:

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...between-years/

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

[media]http://s849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/doctorforgolf/TW200/?action=view&current=IMG_0100.jpg[/media]
    Trying to upload pictures from photobucket but I keep getting an error message, "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." I measured the distance from the front frame bracket to the midpipe bracket and it is 1". Thinking about using a couple of zip ties and runnin this sucker

[media]http://s849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/doctorforgolf/TW200/?action=view&current=IMG_0100.jpg[/media]

FTFY

I have personally spoken with both FMF ans DG about their TW specific models prior to purchasing. They both claimed that the mufflers were bolt on for all model years. Apparently they were not aware of the 2002-2003 model year change. I will recontact them and see if they can update their info and perhaps design a simple spacer to include with the muffler. It was not an issue with my 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by dustyg View Post
    I have personally spoken with both FMF ans DG about their TW specific models prior to purchasing. They both claimed that the mufflers were bolt on for all model years. Apparently they were not aware of the 2002-2003 model year change. I will recontact them and see if they can update their info and perhaps design a simple spacer to include with the muffler. It was not an issue with my 2006.

Excellent! TY guys for the help!

Contacted both FMF and DG by phone today. Both are unaware of any 2002-2003 model year change and believe that thier products bolt for all years. e-mailed details with links to forum website.

Contacted both FMF and DG by phone today. Both are unaware of any 2002-2003 model year change and believe that thier products bolt for all years. e-mailed details with links to forum website.

Now lizrdbrth won't feel quite so bad, since FMF and DG didn't know either.

I got a SUPER good deal on the DG off ebay $159 + $25 shipping to Hawaii. Sent it back only to pay $270 for the FMF that doesn't fit! ARRRRR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links