After Market Exhaust DG & FMF
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Junior Member doctorforgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    16
    I have tried a slipon DG & FMF on my 1998 TW200 and they don't bolt up! Attach the rear bolt and the front does not line up on both. I am waiting on manufactures reply but thought maybe some one on here has had similar issues.

  2. #2
    Senior Member RodneyReed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorforgolf View Post
    I have tried a slipon DG & FMF on my 1998 TW200 and they don't bolt up! Attach the rear bolt and the front does not line up on both. I am waiting on manufactures reply but thought maybe some one on here has had similar issues.


    We recently found out that the 03 and up TW's have a slightly different exhaust mount than the 87-02 TW's. It's only off by about 3/4 inch. Your aftermarket mufflers might be made for the newer bikes. You can probably fabricate a flat bracket. If you need any advice, post some pics with the back part mounted, and somebody can probably help you.



    Check out this post for more info:



    https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...between-years/

  3. #3
    Junior Member doctorforgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    16
    Trying to upload pictures from photobucket but I keep getting an error message, "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." I measured the distance from the front frame bracket to the midpipe bracket and it is 1". Thinking about using a couple of zip ties and runnin this sucker





    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    We recently found out that the 03 and up TW's have a slightly different exhaust mount than the 87-02 TW's. It's only off by about 3/4 inch. Your aftermarket mufflers might be made for the newer bikes. You can probably fabricate a flat bracket. If you need any advice, post some pics with the back part mounted, and somebody can probably help you.



    Check out this post for more info:



    https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...between-years/

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Junior Member doctorforgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    16
    [media]http://s849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/doctorforgolf/TW200/?action=view&current=IMG_0100.jpg[/media]
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorforgolf View Post
    Trying to upload pictures from photobucket but I keep getting an error message, "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." I measured the distance from the front frame bracket to the midpipe bracket and it is 1". Thinking about using a couple of zip ties and runnin this sucker

  6. #5
    Senior Member RodneyReed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorforgolf View Post
    [media]http://s849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/doctorforgolf/TW200/?action=view&current=IMG_0100.jpg[/media]






    FTFY

  7. #6
    Senior Member dganey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorforgolf View Post
    I have tried a slipon DG & FMF on my 1998 TW200 and they don't bolt up! Attach the rear bolt and the front does not line up on both. I am waiting on manufactures reply but thought maybe some one on here has had similar issues.
    I have personally spoken with both FMF ans DG about their TW specific models prior to purchasing. They both claimed that the mufflers were bolt on for all model years. Apparently they were not aware of the 2002-2003 model year change. I will recontact them and see if they can update their info and perhaps design a simple spacer to include with the muffler. It was not an issue with my 2006.

  8. #7
    Junior Member doctorforgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyg View Post
    I have personally spoken with both FMF ans DG about their TW specific models prior to purchasing. They both claimed that the mufflers were bolt on for all model years. Apparently they were not aware of the 2002-2003 model year change. I will recontact them and see if they can update their info and perhaps design a simple spacer to include with the muffler. It was not an issue with my 2006.


    Excellent! TY guys for the help!

  9. #8
    Senior Member dganey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyg View Post
    I have personally spoken with both FMF ans DG about their TW specific models prior to purchasing. They both claimed that the mufflers were bolt on for all model years. Apparently they were not aware of the 2002-2003 model year change. I will recontact them and see if they can update their info and perhaps design a simple spacer to include with the muffler. It was not an issue with my 2006.


    Contacted both FMF and DG by phone today. Both are unaware of any 2002-2003 model year change and believe that thier products bolt for all years. e-mailed details with links to forum website.

  10. #9
    Senior Member RodneyReed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyg View Post
    Contacted both FMF and DG by phone today. Both are unaware of any 2002-2003 model year change and believe that thier products bolt for all years. e-mailed details with links to forum website.


    Now lizrdbrth won't feel quite so bad, since FMF and DG didn't know either.

  11. #10
    Junior Member doctorforgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    16
    I got a SUPER good deal on the DG off ebay $159 + $25 shipping to Hawaii. Sent it back only to pay $270 for the FMF that doesn't fit! ARRRRR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. After Market Exhaust Questions
    By TeeDubs in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-27-2017, 12:42 PM
  2. Blue book vs the market
    By Guitarman in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-23-2017, 07:42 AM
  3. EXHAUST
    By dutchbat in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 01:27 PM
  4. tw 225 exhaust ok?
    By dubstep in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 04:51 AM
  5. TDub's closest cousin not in US market
    By Malkop in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 04:59 AM

Search tags for this page

aftermarket exhaust for yamaha tw200
,
d g muffler tw200
,
dg exhaust tw200
,
dg exhaust yamaha tw200
,
dg exuast for tw200
,
dg muffler for tw200
,
dg performance exhaust for 2014 tw200
,

tw200 dg exhaust

,

tw200 dg exhaust review

,

tw200 exhaust

,
yamaha tw200 aftermarket exhaust
,
yamaha tw200 exhaust
Click on a term to search for related topics.