new rider in need of help
Close
    i have a problem any assistance would be greatly appreciated i just got my tdub less then a week ago it seems like the chain has come off somewhere under the left case near the front sprocket it is noticably looser but appear as still connected when i pushed the bike home the chain turns as the wheels spin is this normal im new to this forum and dont know how to post on my own the bike still cuts on,but when i give it gas it turns right off even in nuetral what can be the problem im willing to do the work myself which is how i seen it from the begining being that my bike is a 91 could something be loose that would caus the bike to turn off i had the walk of shame when i had to walk my bike home any suggestions

I'd like to help, but I have reading problems and need grammar and punctuation to sightread phrases.

Quote Originally Posted by jerz006 View Post
    i have a problem any assistance would be greatly appreciated i just got my tdub less then a week ago it seems like the chain has come off somewhere under the left case near the front sprocket it is noticably looser but appear as still connected when i pushed the bike home the chain turns as the wheels spin is this normal im new to this forum and dont know how to post on my own the bike still cuts on,but when i give it gas it turns right off even in nuetral what can be the problem im willing to do the work myself which is how i seen it from the begining being that my bike is a 91 could something be loose that would caus the bike to turn off i had the walk of shame when i had to walk my bike home any suggestions

It's a little hard to help with the descriptions you give. It's sounds like you chain may have come off the front sprocket. Is you petcock turned to the on or reserve position? Take you time and try to give some more details and accurate descriptions. It is not real easy to troubleshoot from long distance if you don't.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

take your bike to a mechanic that will also be willing to teach you about your bike.

EDIT: I didn't mean to offend on, for me the best way to learn is to have someone teach me in a hands on fashion.

I am a novice with regard to DIY maintenance — but would kindly suggest that you dive into the Technical Help section on this forum. There you will find the Shop Manual (I printed it and have now referenced it many times when troubleshooting problems.) as well as many topic-based “how-to” discussions. I suggest that you read. Read as much as possible. No doubt you will learn lots about the TW, and maybe even polish up that writing of yours.

Good luck.

DCTW

Quote Originally Posted by DCTW View Post
    I am a novice with regard to DIY maintenance — but would kindly suggest that you dive into the Technical Help section on this forum. There you will find the Shop Manual (I printed it and have now referenced it many times when troubleshooting problems.) as well as many topic-based “how-to” discussions. I suggest that you read. Read as much as possible. No doubt you will learn lots about the TW, and maybe even polish up that writing of yours.

Good luck.

DCTW
    thanx i fixed it on my own i wasnt trying to win a writing competition just was in a rush to post i'v seen plenty of shortcuts for writing on the forum... for some reason i considered making a account saying i was a woman my writing errors would have probably been bypassed then thanx for the help much obliged

thanx i fixed it on my own i wasnt trying to win a writing competition just was in a rush to post i'v seen plenty of shortcuts for writing on the forum... for some reason i considered making a account saying i was a woman my writing errors would have probably been bypassed then thanx for the help much obliged
    thanx dctw you have been the greatest help

Quote Originally Posted by yoter View Post
    take your bike to a mechanic that will also be willing to teach you about your bike.

EDIT: I didn't mean to offend on, for me the best way to learn is to have someone teach me in a hands on fashion.
    true i am going to take da bike for a carb clean, o ring chain change and a oil change so i can watch and learn... thanx i appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by biglefti View Post
    It's a little hard to help with the descriptions you give. It's sounds like you chain may have come off the front sprocket. Is you petcock turned to the on or reserve position? Take you time and try to give some more details and accurate descriptions. It is not real easy to troubleshoot from long distance if you don't.
    sorry about that i was frantc about my bike i'v got it back running the next day and decided on a carb clean o ring chain change and oil change quick question do the 95 o ring chains fit a 91 i'v been looking online for a 91 o ring chain but to no avail thanx will be more thorough next time my petcock had a hole that was spraying gas and i was running the bike on reserve thats what the guy who sold me the bike told me to do fixed the fuel line and using the petcock properly.... now for the shifting...

Yes, we are a bunch of sexist grammar nazis. That's okay, even bigot bitches who are too self-centric to make the miniscule effort to communicate clearly and still think they should be treated "special" are welcome here. There, now have all the rest of your stereotypical prejudices been proven valid?

Glad you got your bike working.

Sponosred Links