Can't get rear wheel back on
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So I just changed the tire, and it came off pretty easy. First change on this bike. Now I've got everything ready to go back on, but the swingarm gap is too tight to get it started. The spacer hangs and pops out every time. I tried to open it up a little by putting a pipe wrench in there and opening the jaws with channel locks, but it's still too tight to get everything to slide back in. It's maybe 1/64th inch too tight. I'm not one to post urgent pleas for help, but I really wanted to be riding by this evening. Has anybody else had this issue?

Is your brake shoe plate correctlty seated into the hub? I had this happen. If the shoe plate hasn't seated, then it will appear that the wheel is too wide.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Is your brake shoe plate correctlty seated into the hub? I had this happen. If the shoe plate hasn't seated, then it will appear that the wheel is too wide.

Might be. The shoes don't feel very tight to the hub, and looks like a small gap. How do I get it seated tight?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It should seat tight just by laying it in to the hub. Maybe your brake shoes slipped off a little and are hanging up? There is really nothing in the rear wheel to hang up on though, unlike the front.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Finally got it. Just took a little shimmy. Now I've forgotten to order other parts so I'm screwed for much longer than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
    Now I've forgotten to order other parts so I'm screwed for much longer than expected.

I do that regularly. And nothing I need is ever in stock locally.
    Custom 1998 TW200 Build Thread Hidden Content | 2003 TW200 | 2009 KLX351

Quote Originally Posted by sorethumb View Post
    I do that regularly. And nothing I need is ever in stock locally.

It's a shame, man. A week or two ago I made a thread stating I was replacing the case cover gasket, so I needed to get the right shaft seals while I was in there. Forgot the gasket entirely.

Are you needing 3AW-15451-03-00 or 4BE-15462-00-00? If you are looking for a 4BE PM me.

I feel your pain. I recently tore into my carb, knowing I would need to clean and re-jet. Thought I had everything set. Bought the new jet, float bowl gasket, and even some M4x16 socket head screws with 4mm lock washers to replace the junk OEM screws on the float bowl. I pulled the main jet holder only to find the o-ring at the base is split. Not available in stock locally of course.

Good prices for the o-ring online, but lowest shipping is $16. For an o-ring. Funny thing is, if I add a new float, float pin, needle valve set and new main jet holder to my order the shipping is...drum roll please...$16. So I decided to set the carb aside while I decide what to do and work on my wiring instead.

I'm needing the left side gasket, the 3AW I believe. Thanks for the offer though. Did those M4x16's thread right up? One of my bowl threads is a bit off so I might drill out and run a small thru-bolt, but a clean bolt might straighten it right up.

Quote Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
    I'm needing the left side gasket, the 3AW I believe. Thanks for the offer though. Did those M4x16's thread right up? One of my bowl threads is a bit off so I might drill out and run a small thru-bolt, but a clean bolt might straighten it right up.

The 3AW is the side/sprocket cover gasket. Thought I would ask just in case. I don't know about the M4's yet, as I still have the float bowl off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links