while im waiting for the machining to be done
Close

while i am waiting for my head and valve job at the machine shop i decided to go through my lower end . to my dismay ive found that most of my gaskets are shot so ive ordered new . i found my origin for the shavings in my oil it was the kick-start assembly missing pieces and assembled improperly. so i ordered the missing and broken parts . also i removed the stater to find that the resin had came off of a few of the connections so i took the opportunity to solder on a few new leads and seal it all back up with liquid electrical tape. im wondering if anyone has come across this before and if so did it cause the bike to run improperly. Also i was wondering if anyone has any got any old fenders,tank,and possibly an old spark arrester kicking around from modding that they might part with . as im looking to fully restore this bike. im going to try to get some pics up soon . also ive made an order from monmouthcycles.com for most of the parts i currently need i will let you all know how it goes. And i was wondering has anyone tried a weisco piston in their rig and if so was it a noticeable diffrence ?

-josh-
    --If at first you don't succeed try, try again. If you still don't succeed BEAT IT WITH A HAMMER!--

Maybe we should just send you a new bike so you can play with it instead. Best of luck. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    Maybe we should just send you a new bike so you can play with it instead. Best of luck. Tom

im ok with that idea since ive spent more time fixing the cobble jobs on this thing than i got to ride it. next time i buy a toy im getting it from a dealer so they can fix it but when im done it will be new-ish.
    --If at first you don't succeed try, try again. If you still don't succeed BEAT IT WITH A HAMMER!--

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mrtrytofixit View Post
    while i am waiting for my head and valve job at the machine shop i decided to go through my lower end . to my dismay ive found that most of my gaskets are shot so ive ordered new . i found my origin for the shavings in my oil it was the kick-start assembly missing pieces and assembled improperly. so i ordered the missing and broken parts . also i removed the stater to find that the resin had came off of a few of the connections so i took the opportunity to solder on a few new leads and seal it all back up with liquid electrical tape. im wondering if anyone has come across this before and if so did it cause the bike to run improperly. Also i was wondering if anyone has any got any old fenders,tank,and possibly an old spark arrester kicking around from modding that they might part with . as im looking to fully restore this bike. im going to try to get some pics up soon . also ive made an order from monmouthcycles.com for most of the parts i currently need i will let you all know how it goes. And i was wondering has anyone tried a weisco piston in their rig and if so was it a noticeable diffrence ?

-josh-I have 3 spark arrestors, what do you want to pay for one? I run a wiseco 1mm oversized. We have several tw's around all with bored/honed cylinders, The local machine shop that has done 3 for me (RPM RACING) liked the quality of the wiseco kit. Tough to notice a difference, we all run slightly different set ups. Try a clarke tank or buy new if you are restoring. Old tanks are troublesome.

greendub

its tough for me to put a price to it as i havent seen any used ones to set a baseline i have faith that you can think of something fair. and thanks for the info on the weisco i geuss im going to stick with stock piston until i get everything back together and running right then what happens is unknown also i did clean the tank and lube my sticky petcock and installed an inline filter its ok i geuss but it has a dent from where someone laid it down so i geuss i can wait on that

Sponosred Links