TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Air fuel screw???

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Lido 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! Does the air fuel screw have anything to do with the bike starting or is that more for after the bike is running? I cleaned the carb and the bike did fire but I did not have the gas tank attached just a temporary bottle with a fuel line comming out. It ran for about 2 mins then died and would not restart. So I was wondering if anyone thinks it might be the air fuel screw or maybe something else??? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
If it ran for two minutes and then died, you may have just run the gas out of the carb bowl and not had a good flow for replacement. When it dies next time, pull the drain screw from the carb and see if you have gas at all in the bowl. Just a thought. Tom

#7 ·
With stock jets and specs the bike should start.

Did you look through each jet to make sure you could see light through it, specifically the pilot jet? Was the emulsion tube cleaned as well? Has the mixture screw ever been taken out? If so, was it re-installed ~2.5 turns out? If it's screwed in tight then it would be an issue. If it has never been removed and the brass plug is still covering it then it may just be gunked up and needs to be cleaned.

The float height correct?

The needle/seat not sticking?

There is no obstruction to the needle/seat?

The temporary bottle you had was actually providing a good gravity feed to the carb?

#8 ·
pgilles. All good info but all been checked but on the off chance i screwed up my buddy is going to take the carb apart and give it the once over. The bottle had plenty of gravity feed no shoratage of fuel and no shortage of spark. The funny thing is when it started It would not start with the electric start but after I disconected the battery I gave a kick start and she fired right up. She ran good for 2 min. she reved up she idled and then she died.

#10 ·
Is that a small, sealed bottle? If it is it's going into a vacuum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.