Has anyone thought of outting a warrior 350 engine into a TW?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I know that many have talked about the XT 350. But has anyone thought of trying this? They have electric start etc and 6 speed tranny. Plus reverse LOL!. Not sure where the shaft is. I love my LIL T-dub. But in it's current form anything over 40mph feels like I am over reving it. I would like it to go 50mph comfortably.

It would be a horrid combination. TW is great for 60-65 mph, after that you need a bigger scoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    It would be a horrid combination. TW is great for 60-65 mph, after that you need a bigger scoot.
    Yours goes 65mph comfortably? Mine feels like I will throw rod at 45mph! I dunno what sprocket set-up is on it. it's a 1990 with Now over 4000miles on it LOL!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sasnydley View Post
    Yours goes 65mph comfortably? Mine feels like I will throw rod at 45mph! I dunno what sprocket set-up is on it. it's a 1990 with Now over 4000miles on it LOL!

Mine does 60~65 easily. On a flat or downhill I can hit 70.

You just have to realize, the engine doesn't have enough torque to thrash itself in fifth gear.

Keep everything tuned and lubed to specs and it'll be fine.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

The Warrior is more closely related to the Virago than it is to the TW, or even an XT350 motor.

It's an enormous package for its displacement.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    The Warrior is more closely related to the Virago than it is to the TW, or even an XT350 motor.

It's an enormous package for its displacement.
    Warrior 350 4 wheeler? Big motor? Not the warrior street bike LOL!

Or is there a Small Virago street bike?

I know you're joking about throwing a rod, but you can honestly let the TW rev. Not trying to single you out but so many people on this forum are so afraid to let it rev. Yes, it makes noise. But it's okay. Let it do its thing.

Mine went 65mpg comfortably, pending no strong headwinds or big hills. If that's what you want to conquer, you may need a DRZ400 or equivalent. Or go with a bore & stroke to a 225cc+ to get more out of the TW package. How much money do you want to spend on the TW? If this was any other bike a replacement engine could be accommodated much easier, but the fat rear tire/wheel poses an obstacle.
    Sold bike.

Youtube vids of old TW's acceleration:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Warrior 350 4 wheeler? Big motor? Not the warrior street bike LOL!

I own a Warrior quad. Trust me, if it would fit it would already be in mine. lol.

That family of motors is more like the Buell Blast. It's kindasorta half a Virago motor. The cylinder is angled a lot further forward than the XT350 and the cases are much bigger. The XT would be a better plan, but it wouldn't be a picnic to transplant, either.

We've covered most of the issues concerning engine swaps ad nauseum. With some digging you can find the threads.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

sasnydley="But in it's current form anything over 50 mph feels like I am over reving it. I would like it to go 50 mph comfortably."

pmtg="but so many people on this forum are so afraid to let it rev. Yes, it makes noise. But it's okay. Let it do its thing."

pmtg's point was well said in my case. In the stock form, I was always afraid to go over 50 mph. In fact, this was one of the reasons I didn't ride my TW much on pavement, and I'm speaking of 2 lane not freeway riding. I still don't ride on pavement much, mainly due to the type of riding I like (trail riding, and as pointed out in another thread, I'm allergic to pavement, giggle), but I gained some confidence in the TW after joining this forum in my TW's pavement capabilities.

I'm now not afraid of going 60-65mph. A few weeks ago I even rode 40 + miles on pavement (60mph) to meet up with Truelight for a trailride. And if I didn't live so far from my work, I'd commute with it too. So, I do what pmtg mentioned "I let it do its thing" and am comfortable now doing it.

I will still haul my TW to trailride points of origin most of the time, but mainly because I like Georgie (dog) to go with, and am not comfortable with her on the back at the higher speeds. She once jumped out of the back of a pickup to chase a deer which crossed in front of the truck...so, I don't want to chance it with her on the back.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links