Newbie carburetor hose connection California Model question
Close

Just joined the club and purchased a 1998 TW200. It was parked for the last five years so changed the gas and cleaned the Carb; question California model has the EPA/Smog canisters; which place on the carburetor is for the fuel line; the front or the back? There are two places for tubes on the carburetor on the left side. The bike started but only for 15 seconds and will not start now; wondering if I connected the hoses incorrectly?

Doesn't matter at the canister, but the canister fitting on the carb is the one nearest the center of the left side of the carb, the gas inlet from the tank is on the left side, closest to the rear of the bike, pointing up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Doesn't matter at the canister, but the canister fitting on the carb is the one nearest the center of the left side of the carb, the gas inlet from the tank is on the left side, closest to the rear of the bike, pointing up.

Thank you! I reversed them; I'll try it tonight when I get home. Now could I have caused any damage by putting fuel in the wrong part of the Carb?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Not likely unless you left the petcock on.

Check your oil level before you start it. If it's overfilled you won't be able to see the oil level. That means gas has leaked past the carb and rings and mixed with the oil in the crank case, and you'll need to drain and refill before you procede. If not, yer good.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Not likely unless you left the petcock on.

Check your oil level before you start it. If it's overfilled you won't be able to see the oil level. That means gas has leaked past the carb and rings and mixed with the oil in the crank case, and you'll need to drain and refill before you procede. If not, yer good.
    I only had the petcock on when I was trying to start it and did not leave it on overnight. So that vent hose to the carb that I mistakenly connected would allow gas to drain into the cylinder?

You axed asbout potential damage.Leaving your petcock on is ALWAYS a bad idea, misconnected or not. I'm just giving you a headsup on what to check first. If you're not overfilled just reconnect the lines properly and fire at will.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

You axed asbout potential damage.Leaving your petcock on is ALWAYS a bad idea, misconnected or not. I'm just giving you a headsup on what to check first. If you're not overfilled just reconnect the lines properly and fire at will.
    Thank you so MUCH!

Sponosred Links