inverse turning signal
Close

I'd light to get a new turning signal relay - but I'd like it to leave the turning lamps on all the time...

then when turning it flashes off the lamp....

anyone have any recommendations for this?

( I might think about going LED as well - can I get one for that which doesnt need a resistor inserted - ( think about that little battery?!!! )

cheers!

2001 TW200 - supertrapp stubby exhaust

1996 CRM 250 - 2 smoker - FMF exhaust

1998 Honda CB600 Hornet - ( a.k.a Honda 599 ) - micron , ohlins rear - CB600F3 front forks..

Couldn't you just unplug the one wire on the lights, I don't know the color since I'm not at home at the moment to look.

I put after market lights on my TW and they were only 2 wire lights, so I didn't plug in the third wire for the running lights. One is the ground, the other is constant power and the last is the one coming from the turnsignal relay to blink. (Please some one correct me if I'm got it wrong)

Now my turnsignals only blink when the turn signal is on. I did this to try and cut down on power consumption so I could run with heated gloves a little safer.

Late model front turns are always on. The always on filament is the dimmer of the two and is the same circuit as the taillight always on. Wire the brighter filament to the turn signal wire and it will flash when the turn signals are on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

ahh - so its a different type of bulb..........

ok - actually is it OK to wire LED in parallel to normal incandescent type bulbs?

1998 Honda CB600 Hornet - ( a.k.a Honda 599 ) - micron , ohlins rear - CB600F3 front forks..

Yes.

There is an easy way to get the result your after, but not sure DOT would like it. If you installed all four blinker lights with new LED and want them on all the time except for when activating them for a turn, you would have to run them via a relay that is normally closed (NC) instead of the common normally open (NO). You would require two seperate relays / circuits, one for the RH turn and one for the LH turn. Both relays would be powered via a fuse from the key on power circuit and the "trip" coil circuit would be controlled via the existing turn circuit. You would have to install a resistor to match the light bulb resistance to make the flasher operate or replace it with an electronic flasher. Now when you key on, the headlight and all four blinkers will light and when operating the blinker switch, both front and rear on the selected side will flash OFF then ON, returning to constant on when the blinker switch is returned to the off position. I would be happy to make a material list and drawings for this, but wouldn't it be easier to just buy two more front style turn/run lights and install them on the rear. Then all you have to do is power them from the tail light circuit for the constant on. Either way, you will probably get pulled over and ticketed for having amber lighting on the rear. Rules are amber markers for oncoming traffic and red markers for rear facing lights. (This I know from experience ) So before you make any major wiring changes, check with your local authorities first.
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

thats a good point regarding the laws.. and I think basially what I will do is just wire some yellow "fog"lamps to the front.. that way can side step the complications... and it's just to be more visible to oncoming traffic - and the RED Led I have on the rear are quite eye catching...

to be honest the blue lights I bought here were amazing -

and honestly massively aided visibility...

http://www.bikevis.com/discount.html

They also have a flickering box - apparently if the light twinkles its more visible v- seems reasonable.. I might give it a go...

cheers

Sponosred Links