picking out new bars
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    after dumping my tdub for the first time " not a biggie" i noticed the left side of the bars are bent slightly back. not noticable by eye if i dont point it out but after riding for a bit it becomes noticable. here are my questions: will any 7/8" bars fit? are there certain length or height demensions i need to be aware of? i dont want to buy something that wont work with stock cable lengths. are there any good brands that have bars the same demension as stock? any and all input would be great!

I believe any 7/8 inch atv or motorcycle handlebars will fit. The rise over stock should be kept to 2 inches or less with stock cable lengths. The width is probably a personal preference. With my atv bars I did have to drill a small hole to locate the right side switch assembly, which also determines the angle of the front brake lever. The atv bars I bought are made of steel and cost 25 dollars. Sorry I don't know brand names. They work great when I stand as I'm 6'3". Good luck.

I got the Pro Taper seven eights ATV hi bars. You can trim the width, I cut them to the narrowest mark and they are probably an inch wider then the stock bars.
    Bryan Bagwell

1995 Yamaha TW200

1983 Toyota PU

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I also did the ATV bars and love them for standing sections. Rather than drilling a hole for the lever angle, I just ground of the tab so I could adjust the lever angle for street or off road. The wall of the bars was much thicker so I had to get crafty gettin my bark busters on. Also with the rise my throttle cables are running under the bar rather than on top. The cables work just fine like that.

Hey Dan,

I have a set of ATV high bend bars if you are interested in them. I will put them in my trailer and you can compare with the stock ones.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

I made the mistake of ordering the hi bend MOTORCYCLE bars

They are the same height as stock

Maybe 1-1.5 inches wider

I like the bend better

And the barkbuster brand handguard substructure fits well, but did not fit on the factory bars because of where the cross bar is

I filed down the alignment nubs on the back of the cutoff switch and throttle

They still tightened up to the bar and show no sign of rotating out of position
    07 tw200 - 70% offroad useage / barkbuster vps handguards / Emgo trunk box on oem yamaha metal rack / mirror extenders (ebay) / DID 428 v oring chain / jt sprockets 14/47 / pro taper se hi handlebars / pro taper mx synergy dual compound grips / judicious use of black 3m scotchlite reflective tape

No Hurleys out front.

Whatsa hurley, Qwerty?
    07 tw200 - 70% offroad useage / barkbuster vps handguards / Emgo trunk box on oem yamaha metal rack / mirror extenders (ebay) / DID 428 v oring chain / jt sprockets 14/47 / pro taper se hi handlebars / pro taper mx synergy dual compound grips / judicious use of black 3m scotchlite reflective tape

Quote Originally Posted by Turwilliger View Post
    Whatsa hurley, Qwerty?
    Fat tires like a TW, but no knobs. Usually quite efficient at converting dead dinosaurs to really cool noise. Usually either very shiny and showy with very low miles or kinda grubby and showing very low miles, but the odomoter's already rolled twice. Tend to make lots of interesting fireworks when ridden above walking speed on winding roads. Rumor has it that they are quite fast if you know how to ride them, but Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny are make believe, too. 52 of them are slower than one TW on 318 curves in 11 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Fat tires like a TW, but no knobs. Usually quite efficient at converting dead dinosaurs to really cool noise. Usually either very shiny and showy with very low miles or kinda grubby and showing very low miles, but the odomoter's already rolled twice. Tend to make lots of interesting fireworks when ridden above walking speed on winding roads. Rumor has it that they are quite fast if you know how to ride them, but Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny are make believe, too. 52 of them are slower than one TW on 318 curves in 11 miles.
    Hmm!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links