newer to older electrical
Close

hi,

i've searched around a bit and found conflicting information: can you swap a 2008 headlight and blinkers to a 1994?

thanks
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Yes and no. The early headlight BULB is lower wattage than the late bulb. The headlights and mounts themselves are identical. The early system doesn't support the higher wattage bulb very well, so just replace it with a 35/35W.

Turn signals are all the same except for '87. Just make sure you get front signals. They have 3 wires and use 1157 bulbs due to the running light feature. The rears have only two wires and use an 1156 bulb.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

thanks for the info lizrd. i just met a guy, originally from japan, who is tricking out his TW and selling off the parts. i wondered how well the electrical would swap.

he brought back a sweet looking extended swingarm, he installed on his bike.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Actually '87 turns were rectangular, so it would be pretty hard to confuse them. So the only way you could go wrong here is to get a rear set instead of a front, or vice-versa. If that happens the guts can be switched between housings, but sometimes the wires are too short to reach the harnesses.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Actually '87 turns were rectangular, so it would be pretty hard to confuse them. So the only way you could go wrong here is to get a rear set instead of a front, or vice-versa. If that happens the guts can be switched between housings, but sometimes the wires are too short to reach the harnesses.

that makes sense to swap out the guts. thanks

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links