Simplify the electrics
Close

Hello everyone,

I'd like tu run my TW with simplified wiring, basically, I want to get rid of the security switches (clutch, peg...).

Is there a simple way to do it ?

can I just get rid of the cut off relays ? (ignition and starting)

Also, I want simplified controls on the handlebars (turn signals only), get rid of the starter, horn and the headlight will have its own switch mounted on.

I need advices before starting this

(Not advices about why I shouldn't do this but advices about HOW to do it

Thanks !!

Eric

Did the same thing on my daughter's TTR. Essentially you'll simply find there is a "safety circuit loop" that runs to the pertinent switch (A to B back to A) (clutch lever, kickstand, etc) so you can remove the circuit loop represented by B in the example. You should find that when connect A directly to C things will work in the Old School way. I suggest working through removing one safety loop at a time to avoid getting confused.
    Huntsville, Alabama - Have TW, Will Ride! All White 09 TW, D2Moto Pegs, Bridgestone 302 front tire, 2" higher bars, 3/4" fork preload spacer, 5wt Honda fork oil, 135mm fork oil level, exhaust tip mod, 2.5 turns out fuel mixture, 0.060 in needle shims, 130 main jet, 14/47 sprockets, 20w-50 Valvoline MC full synthetic oil, ImmixRacing rear rack, Bilt Bag on Rack, 1" front fender spacers, Battery Tender connections on new battery (installed 12/11), Coleman ATV seat cushion, 2 Agri Supply tool tubes, 30oz MSR Fuel Bottle, auxiliary 6 LED tail light, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H4 headlight bulb, 2357 turn signals, and Superbright's 1157 LED Motorcycle Tail Light Bulb with 19 red & 6 white LEDs. Shortened rear turn signals. Bypassed kickstand switch.

Plus a "new to me" 1995 Yamaha Virago XV 750G for Pavement Purposes!!

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...post__p__30918 (scroll up within the link to view the complete diagram)
    Sold bike.

Youtube vids of old TW's acceleration:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Check out the sticky threads at the top of this forum. You can download the service manuals then sit down with a pot of coffee and a printout of the wiring diagrams. You'll be able to figure out the colors of the wires you need to look for.

Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

I apologize for hijacking this thread, but my bike will start up and go, with the kick stand down. I almost wiped out at least once or twice, when I forgot to put it up before I took off. The safety cutoff feature has obviously been bypassed. What would I need to do to revert it back to it's original safety-rated operation?

Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    I apologize for hijacking this thread, but my bike will start up and go, with the kick stand down. I almost wiped out at least once or twice, when I forgot to put it up before I took off. The safety cutoff feature has obviously been bypassed. What would I need to do to revert it back to it's original safety-rated operation?

First, check to see if the switch is just disconnected, or completely removed. Hopefully you don't need to buy a new one.

Second, find the wires. They may be still running down the frame & simply jumped. If they have been cut & removed higher, you'll need to find them by color code from the wiring diagram.

Third, start a new thread & we'll take it from there.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Sponosred Links