Large rear sprocket needed
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Junior Member Zukman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14
    I am looking for a 63-70 tooth rear sprocket for my off road wheel.

    Is there anyone who knows where I can find one?



    Largest I can find is 58

  2. #2
    Senior Member Rohnsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    1993 TW200 in Meridian, Idaho
    Posts
    1,533
    Really? Will that even work? Isn't a stock sprocket a 50T ? Are you looking to be able to climb trees with the bike?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Paradise, Calif.
    Posts
    3,515
    I think Ronnydog is your guy. He seems to be a real serious hunter and his TW is as well, a hunting tool. I think he went large on the rear and there is a vendor that can provide what you need. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Junior Member Zukman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    I think Ronnydog is your guy. He seems to be a real serious hunter and his TW is as well, a hunting tool. I think he went large on the rear and there is a vendor that can provide what you need. Gerry


    Thanks for the info

  6. #5
    Member Babaganoush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    78
    All I can say is Yipes. Your top speed might end up being 35mph with that big a sprocket. I have a 54 I first bought to use in the soft woods and open fields. That was more than enough. Still had trouble climbing the steep track behind my house without a running start because the back wheel would start spinning near the top and I would come to a stop on the side of the hill anyway. I was used to my 4x4 climbing it with ease and I mistakenly thought the bike would do the same. It would be OK it the bike was All Wheel Drive. I now use a 52 as a good all-round sprocket. You can run 60 to 65 on the highway and still be able to run the woods if you want.



    Dave

  7. #6
    Senior Member TW2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Washington
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukman View Post
    I am looking for a 63-70 tooth rear sprocket for my off road wheel.

    Is there anyone who knows where I can find one?



    Largest I can find is 58


    Sidewinder fabricates sprockets and can make one for you out of various stock (aluminum/steel/titanium). Search for them on the internet.



    Mike





    The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content


    Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

  8. #7
    Junior Member Zukman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by TW2007 View Post
    Sidewinder fabricates sprockets and can make one for you out of various stock (aluminum/steel/titanium). Search for them on the internet.



    Mike
    Thanks much.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Boret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganoush View Post
    All I can say is Yipes. Your top speed might end up being 35mph with that big a sprocket. I have a 54 I first bought to use in the soft woods and open fields. That was more than enough. Still had trouble climbing the steep track behind my house without a running start because the back wheel would start spinning near the top and I would come to a stop on the side of the hill anyway. I was used to my 4x4 climbing it with ease and I mistakenly thought the bike would do the same. It would be OK it the bike was All Wheel Drive. I now use a 52 as a good all-round sprocket. You can run 60 to 65 on the highway and still be able to run the woods if you want.



    Dave
    Hi Dave,



    Do you use the original 14 in the front?

    Did you change to an ORing chain?



    Thanks

  10. #9
    Member Babaganoush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Boret View Post
    Hi Dave,



    Do you use the original 14 in the front?

    Did you change to an ORing chain?



    Thanks


    I am still using the 14 up front. I have settled on the 14/52 combination as the best all around for my kind of riding ( twisty country roads and even 1 or 2 miles on the Interstate) and I can still handle the dirt if I want to.



    I did change to an O-Ring chain eventually. Very glad I did- the ride is so much better. A very worthwhile upgrade. I had my dealer order me an EK chain in a longer size for the 52 sprocket and I knocked off a couple of links to fit. It was so long ago I don't remember much about the details but I did post on the old forum. www.ekchain.com/or_select.htm And thanks to QWERTY for his rec- I won't ever go back to a non-Oring chain.



    Dave

  11. #10
    Senior Member Adam-n-nevada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    High Desert, Reno area in Nevada
    Posts
    441
    I've been thinking of switching my 54 for a 52, due to the massive wheel spin at the top of hill climbs...I changed everything (front, rear and chain) about 3,000 miles ago and have only adjusted the chain twice.



    You think I can still make the switch without excessive wear occuring just from switching the rear sprocket??



    I really don't want to change everything again.



    Adam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. JT rear sprocket question
    By silverhead in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 05:29 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 04:13 PM
  3. 60T Rear Sprocket??
    By NHebayer in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 12:35 PM
  4. Large Gas cap/ tank/white front fender needed
    By rastaman in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 11:31 PM
  5. rear sprocket
    By phazer in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 04:23 PM

Search tags for this page

52 sprocket tw200 stock chain
,

how does it run my yamaha tw200 with a 52 rear sproket

,
large rear sprocket noticeable
,
larger rear sprocket sizes tw200
,

sprocket specialists tw200 65 tooth

,
tw rear sproket
,

tw200 hill climb

,
tw200 rear sprocket
,
tw200 rear sprocket hill climbing
,
tw200 rear wheel cap
,
tw200 sprocket 70 teeth
,

yamaha tw200 rear sprocket

Click on a term to search for related topics.