What hooks to this?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: What hooks to this?

What hooks to this?

I bought a 91 in rather good shape other than there is no vent lines coming off the carb. Now I know there should be three that run towards the back and into that hoop. My question is do the three line combine into one and hook into this or does the battery breather hook into this maybe? It is located right below the swingarm in line where the the vent lines dump.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    littletommy likes this.

Welcome to the forum!! Hopefully someone will be along that can answer that question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iandb86 View Post
    I bought a 91 in rather good shape other than there is no vent lines coming off the carb. Now I know there should be three that run towards the back and into that hoop. My question is do the three line combine into one and hook into this or does the battery breather hook into this maybe? It is located right below the swingarm in line where the the vent lines dump.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I don't believe that is a stock TW part. I have owned 7 TWs and one was a 1991 and have never seen that part on any of them.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That is the fitting the main carb vent goes into, often gets clogged with mud from puddle crossings. Reverse bend is to keep an anti-siphon air slug in place to prevent water ingestion up vent line. I threw mine away after it got hopelessly clogged.
    Rider21 and Tweaker like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    That is the fitting the main carb vent goes into, often gets clogged with mud from puddle crossings. Reverse bend is to keep an anti-siphon air slug in place to prevent water ingestion up vent line. I threw mine away after it got hopelessly clogged.
    That is what I was thinking Fred except I have never seen that metal one. All my carbs, if they even had the anti siphon fitting were just a simple plastic Y fitting in the breather line so one goes down to the frame by the swing arm and the other goes up under the fuel tank. Great to have for deep water crossings. Are we on the same page with this? New replacement carbs come with the plastic Y connector. I never saw one that actually bolts to either the carb or some other place on the bike.

GaryL
    Cornelis likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Mine came with it. Carb overflow connects to it, not the vent I believe. I still have the two y vent lines off the top of the carb. It's a Cali emissions thing. I believe 49 state bikes don't have them.
    JerseyJeeper and Cornelis like this.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagorilla1 View Post
    Mine came with it. Carb overflow connects to it, not the vent I believe. I still have the two y vent lines off the top of the carb. It's a Cali emissions thing. I believe 49 state bikes don't have them.
    Thanks VG, That splains it. We don't get no left coast bikes out here on the right coast!

GaryL

I figured. I like the Cali bike cause you can rip all that shit off and have a nice place to mount the oil cooler.....
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Iandb86 View Post
    Here's the parts list pic:

It looks like it goes to the overflow? Hard to tell on my phone? The overflow tube connects to it so i'm thinking float bowl overflow.

vent.jpg
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 03-06-2017 at 10:22 AM.
    AGman likes this.

VG / Fred, where does it bolt on the frame at? Just wondering. I'm thinking of a secondary use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links