No spark and fu**!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: No spark and fu**!

No spark and fu**!

Hi guys,

Today I was almost done with clutch plates replacement and other stuff ( carb, etc) I did to TW on my friend's garage, and after setting the left cover and almost ready to start it....suddenly nothing happened.
    When I have checked...no spark.

Here is the story: Some time ago my friend was having issues with this bike that - don't know exactly how was the issue- but, he needed to remove the left cover to be welded as the chain has broken it after releasing clutch ( weird, but has happened).
    So he took cover apart and where they did the welding job they took stator themselves.
    He brought everything back and I have assembled it, but have realized one wire was loose ( I think is ground) and on the stator itself I have found that one wire is broken.
    Could this be the issue why there is no spark now?

Easy thinking is: Before he took cover apart bike was working. Connections are ok. Bike has been standing until left cover and clutch plates arrived. No jumping to battery to ruin cdi.
    Just wondering ( tomorrow I will take left cover apart, if some cable is not pinched, but I remember I took care when setting back everything.

Any clues??

Khop khun kaap ( yes, im in Thailand)

Cheers,
    Lisandro

If you have a broken wire on the stator, I'm pretty sure it is your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisandro View Post
    Hi guys,

Today I was almost done with clutch plates replacement and other stuff ( carb, etc) I did to TW on my friend's garage, and after setting the left cover and almost ready to start it....suddenly nothing happened.
    When I have checked...no spark.

Here is the story: Some time ago my friend was having issues with this bike that - don't know exactly how was the issue- but, he needed to remove the left cover to be welded as the chain has broken it after releasing clutch ( weird, but has happened).
    So he took cover apart and where they did the welding job they took stator themselves.
    He brought everything back and I have assembled it, but have realized one wire was loose ( I think is ground) and on the stator itself I have found that one wire is broken.
    Could this be the issue why there is no spark now?

Easy thinking is: Before he took cover apart bike was working. Connections are ok. Bike has been standing until left cover and clutch plates arrived. No jumping to battery to ruin cdi.
    Just wondering ( tomorrow I will take left cover apart, if some cable is not pinched, but I remember I took care when setting back everything.

Any clues??

Khop khun kaap ( yes, im in Thailand)

Cheers,
    Lisandro
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Confirm the identity , then fix loose wire. Then check for broken or pinched wires where stator wires pass through left side cover. Confirm welding of cover has not impinged on opening those wires must pass through. Correct if neccessary.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thank you Little Tommy.

Never did. Is it hard to fix the broken wire on stator? Or do I need to rewire?

Stator is the old one, that comes splited, not in a circle.

Same same kind as posted on pic

31614579_003.jpg
    Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.

Thank you Little Tommy.

31614579_003.jpg
    I thought you meant a connecting wire. Are you saying the broken wire is on the winding itself?
    Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Thank you Little Tommy.

31614579_003.jpg
    To give an intelligent answer to your problem you need to Post a picture of your actual part and then the area where you think its bad. Guessing will never work.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Retired guy Central Iowa, Lots of Hobby's

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    I thought you meant a connecting wire. Are you saying the broken wire is on the winding itself?
    Yes, on the winding itself.
    jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    To give an intelligent answer to your problem you need to Post a picture of your actual part and then the area where you think its bad. Guessing will never work.
    You are right mate. Sorry. Was 11 pm and picture I posted is one I found on the net, trying to explain myself.
    11 pm tonight again, and just checking the forum.
    Will take pics tomorrow.
    jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.

Then it is burned out. You will need a new one. You might try going to a automotive generator/alternator shop that rebuilds them. There are still a few of these places around. They could rewind it for you. It could still end up being as much as a new one, but just an idea. Call around and inquire at a shop like this.
    Yes, on the winding itself.

LittleTommy's idea of getting stator assembly re-wound by a local generator/alternator shop in Thailand is a good one. This used to be a viable, affordable option here in the USA before rising US labor costs could not compete with globalized new, or re-built parts. A good shop should also be able to increase amperage output of the stator if there is clearance for additional field windings.
    littletommy and Lisandro like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links