Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By msmiller
  • 1 Post By msmiller
  • 1 Post By supachip1
  • 1 Post By msmiller

Thread: Left side of case new magneto install pictures

Left side of case new magneto install pictures

What do you think? Good idea to seal up the hole the wires come out? That's where the come out right near the front chain and sprocket. Wonder why they didn't move the out to closer on the top of the case. Split the point tip in the chamber the wires exit the rubber grommets. I never had any issues with where the wires run but people that ride off road a lot harder couldn't a rock or stick get up in there and damage the wires.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken likes this.

Am I wrong with running the wires from the electronics in the left side of case out into the sprocket chamber? The rest of my engine is at a machine shop getting cleaned and checked. So I've been doing what I can in the mean time. It appears the wires are supposed to go straight out of the grommets and exit the left side of case at a break in the crank case.

IMG_3052.JPG
    Ken likes this.

the wires normally exit straight back, there is a channel in the other side of the engine casing that allows for it, then the wires exit at the top. the place where yours are is usually blocked bit off with a plastic grommet, i'm not sure it this is maybe for use with a different model bike.
    Ken likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the post. I spent some time searching here and figured out my "idea" to run the wires out into the sprocket chamber was a bad idea. You are correct the wire run straight back and out the top of the case cover through the space in the crank case. I cleaned out the sealant and wrapped the case side in a clean towel awaiting on the machine shop to finish cleaning and checking the head, piston and cyclender. Was gifted a new project in the mean time. 1999 Ford Expedition with 309,000 on it. Been having fun at the junk yard. $60 to fill it up. That's ten fill up's for a TW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    admiral likes this.

It's been almost a year sense the TW has been running. I have found and purchased a used (2013) engine with 700 miles on it. Will be picking it up this weekend and hope to have the bike running again next week. After it's up and running I will have some parts for sale and a triple bike trailer if anyone is looking. The past 8 months have been crazy busy. Hurricanes, sold my home now getting set to start traveling with the dogs and the TW in a pop up camper. Attachment 154634

Sponosred Links