lizrdbrth - the “Y” link in the carb - and snorkels ......
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: lizrdbrth - the “Y” link in the carb - and snorkels ......

lizrdbrth - the “Y” link in the carb - and snorkels ......

Recently, the question of the “Y” link in the carb tube came up – for those of you unfamiliar with it, read here - https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...offered-2.html

If you have the time and the inclination, the whole thread is well worth reading – but to cut a long story short, skip to post #14

And if you wanted to know where the “snorkel” is on the TW – post #43 on the same thread is a good starting point ……

It occurs to me that we have many new members since that thread was posted - stuff that we “old timers” take for granted, but things that our newcomers need to be aware of from time to time – hence this post

As usual, lizrdbrth has it pretty much nailed, and he is still sorely missed around here

“Obscure” information – perhaps - but things like this can save you from being stranded

The more you understand how and why your bike “works”, the more you’ll get out of it – sometimes we overlook the simple things – or at least, need reminding of them ……
    Mel, Ken, Xracer and 9 others like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Skid plate deep is the most you can hope for without the vent tube mod. With the mod, half way up the cyl. is as deep as I've gotten, and it still kept going. A cheap and worthwhile mod for any TW ridden off road.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Best 25 cent upgrade to the TW!....Well, maybe $1.50.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post

....................................... but to cut a long story short, skip to post #14
    Being both cheap and lazy what I have done is simply route one vent hose up and the other one down. I honestly think this will take care of 95% of what the more extensive plumbing does and so far it has worked well for me.

If you look at the carburetor, one vent tube points up and the other down.
    PA160033.JPG

T2 ridden by Big D crossing raging waters with Joemama on right and Joeband on the left. The vent tubes on the carburetor were as pictured above.
    WaterCross1.jpg
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I used 1'4" barb and tubing my wife had around for a garden drip system - good tight fit, still have not done any deep water stuff but feel more confident having it on there.
    Ken likes this.

After the Cashe Creek Crossing that Tony has pictured above, I used the same method that Donzo has used. Now my only problem with water crossings is keeping an eye out for that dastardly Joe Band.

I'm hooking up the members that attend Green Ridge until I run out of supplies.
    3/16 Ys 5/16 hose works best.

IMG_7536.JPG
    LuvNot, joeband, goldenhtr and 5 others like this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    I'm hooking up the members that attend Green Ridge until I run out of supplies.
    3/16 Ys 5/16 hose works best.

IMG_7536.JPG
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Ken
    I think mine had a y from the factory. It had 125 miles when I got it. I don't think anyone did any mods. I always wondered why it was like that but just left it alone. I have been through water nearly to my knees with no issues other than me stalling not giving enough gas because of the extra force going through the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Recently, the question of the “Y” link in the carb tube came up – for those of you unfamiliar with it, read here - https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...offered-2.html

If you have the time and the inclination, the whole thread is well worth reading – but to cut a long story short, skip to post #14

And if you wanted to know where the “snorkel” is on the TW – post #43 on the same thread is a good starting point ……

It occurs to me that we have many new members since that thread was posted - stuff that we “old timers” take for granted, but things that our newcomers need to be aware of from time to time – hence this post

As usual, lizrdbrth has it pretty much nailed, and he is still sorely missed around here

“Obscure” information – perhaps - but things like this can save you from being stranded

The more you understand how and why your bike “works”, the more you’ll get out of it – sometimes we overlook the simple things – or at least, need reminding of them ……
    These are great, but all the pics are dead. Hard to picture what they are sayin in those two posts. Anyway someone could update them (copy paste) with pics added for clarity, for the new guys, as you say, lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links