Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By frozenteedub
  • 4 Post By TW-Brian
  • 2 Post By joeband
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By frozenteedub

Thread: XT225 Clarke Tank Reversal to Stock

XT225 Clarke Tank Reversal to Stock

I bought a 2009 that has the XT225 Clarke tank conversion and would like to switch back to stock. I am not really in need of the extra fuel as I just use it to boot around for errands, and the yellowish tank with the white and black body doesn't look the best. I have the original tank, but none of the original parts to mount it. The service manual doesn't seem to include an exploded diagram with the tank mounting parts in it. I am wondering what the size of the stock mounting grommets and brackets are? Any help would be appreciated... also don't mind trying the hockey puck hack in reverse for the mounting grommets if I knew what size to cut them.
    littletommy likes this.

Welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to a schematic that shows the stock mounting parts.

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2009 TW200 - TW200Y FUEL TANK Diagram

The rubber damper pucks (Item #4) just push onto posts on the frame. You may still have some of the rear mounting hardware (Items # 5-10). If not, someone here may be able to help you out.

Hope this helps,

Brian

here's the method i used to put my tank on, just reverse the process.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...t225-tank.html

as it shows i had to trim my posts about 1/2" on either side, and grind down the rubber pucks. depending on how they mounted it it shouldn't be too hard to reverse, just get new rubber pucks and push them out a bit. the rear mount should be stock.

you will probably also need new side plastics, or figure out where to zip tie them as they need to be trimmed to fit with the xt225 tank.
    Last edited by joeband; 04-24-2017 at 11:13 PM.
    littletommy and frozenteedub like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!!
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenteedub View Post
    I bought a 2009 that has the XT225 Clarke tank conversion and would like to switch back to stock. I am not really in need of the extra fuel as I just use it to boot around for errands, and the yellowish tank with the white and black body doesn't look the best. I have the original tank, but none of the original parts to mount it. The service manual doesn't seem to include an exploded diagram with the tank mounting parts in it. I am wondering what the size of the stock mounting grommets and brackets are? Any help would be appreciated... also don't mind trying the hockey puck hack in reverse for the mounting grommets if I knew what size to cut them.
    frozenteedub likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to a schematic that shows the stock mounting parts.

The rubber damper pucks (Item #4) just push onto posts on the frame. You may still have some of the rear mounting hardware (Items # 5-10). If not, someone here may be able to help you out.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Thanks! Looks like the stock parts that are still on the bike were cut/adapted to fit the Clarke tank so I just ordered new parts for $35 + shipping.

If anyone in Alberta is looking for the Clarke XT225 tank I am happy to give you a deal!
    littletommy likes this.

Sponosred Links