Original OEM Tool Kit Photo
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Original OEM Tool Kit Photo

Original OEM Tool Kit Photo

Does anyone have a photo of an original OEM tool Kit. I have a 2012 TW200 that is missing. I will probably just build up a kit to my liking/needs but would like to see what the OEM kit looks like... Found a old thread with a picture... but the photo was no longer available.
    Ken likes this.

Here ya go. 2014 kit.

20170501_180115.jpg
    Ken, 1911garand, GaryL and 6 others like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Quote Originally Posted by captainkettel View Post
    Does anyone have a photo of an original OEM tool Kit. I have a 2012 TW200 that is missing. I will probably just build up a kit to my liking/needs but would like to see what the OEM kit looks like... Found a old thread with a picture... but the photo was no longer available.
    You can buy the tool kit new for $27

IMG_7577.PNG
    Ken, Tweaker, cowboyjeff and 3 others like this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    Here ya go. 2014 kit.

20170501_180115.jpg
    Nice picture of the real junk tools provided! I suppose $27 is not a bad deal and the kit might get you out of some of the jams we might have out in the field but I have never once opened the tool kit while working on my TW in my garage with a real tool box of good quality tools.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I have never even thought of using my tool kit. However, if those are real JIS drivers they would come in handy at times. I'll have to test them out one of these days.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

BCC they are JIS and I have used mine from these kits until I bought some on Amazon.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

JIS is a highly protected trade name for Japanese Industrial Standard. Here in The US they are called Cross Point if you can't find JIS. If you have a Fastenal store in your area they normally have Cross Point bits in stock and you need size 1, 2 and 3. Using a regular Phillip's head driver on a stuck TW screw and you probably end up needing a new screw because you rounded the head.

Gary
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    JIS is a highly protected trade name for Japanese Industrial Standard. Here in The US they are called Cross Point if you can't find JIS. If you have a Fastenal store in your area they normally have Cross Point bits in stock and you need size 1, 2 and 3. Using a regular Phillip's head driver on a stuck TW screw and you probably end up needing a new screw because you rounded the head.

Gary
    Darn rights! Had to replace the outer seal for the outer case bearing. The screw that retains the outer bearing plate in the stator and drive gear housing is one of them JIS screws. I have never in my life seen a screw so frickin tight... I did not have a JIS driver to fit... Rounded out the head with a standard philips... Motor tooled to a straight slot and used my impact driver.... WWWWWoooowwww!

Jim
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstdub View Post
    Darn rights! Had to replace the outer seal for the outer case bearing. The screw that retains the outer bearing plate in the stator and drive gear housing is one of them JIS screws. I have never in my life seen a screw so frickin tight... I did not have a JIS driver to fit... Rounded out the head with a standard philips... Motor tooled to a straight slot and used my impact driver.... WWWWWoooowwww!

Jim
    We sure have heard this plenty here. Here is yet another tid bit to pack in your tool box. Phillip's head screw drivers are a disaster on JIS screw heads but JIS or Cross Point drivers work very well on Phillip's head screws and maybe even better than the Phillip's head drivers.

GaryL

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Nice picture of the real junk tools provided! I suppose $27 is not a bad deal and the kit might get you out of some of the jams we might have out in the field but I have never once opened the tool kit while working on my TW in my garage with a real tool box of good quality tools.

GaryL
    The big box end wrench works great for removing oil drain plug.
    TopPredator and Moabman like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links