Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: FlyWheel Bolt

FlyWheel Bolt

Does any one know how to remove flywheel without special tool
    Attached Images Attached Images
    buellzebub and Ken like this.

You will still need something to stop the flywheel from turning but once you have the centre (center :-) ) bolt out you can screw the rear axle bolt into the flywheel and it will pull it off 👍

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Figure out the internal threads in the flywheel. Then get a bolt/screw with the same od threads and thread it in. Should work just like a flywheel tool. You might have a problem, keeping the crank from turning, while removing the flywheel bolt and also while tightening the bolt or tool if you don't have an impact gun.

I'd resist the prying and tapping method the case halves are soft and you don't want to scar them and end up with oil leaks or worse.
    admiral and Ken like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vishwa Kau View Post
    Does any one know how to remove flywheel without special tool
    Quote Originally Posted by buellzebub View Post
    You will still need something to stop the flywheel from turning but once you have the centre (center :-) ) bolt out you can screw the rear axle bolt into the flywheel and it will pull it off 

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Secure the engine from turning and remove the center bolt (or centre bolt he he) as noted by buellzebub. Easiest to use an impact wrench (air or electric) will really make it easy. Way easy.

You can then use your rear axle as the actual flywheel removal tool (or take the rear axle in and match the threads to a short bolt with the same thread as the rear axle).

Again, an impact wrench will make it way easy. Oh, and you'll have to go clockwise like your tightening the bolt but this is really pulling it off the cone shaped thingy underneath.

If you can't secure the engine from turning (i.e. you removed too much stuff already and no way to put the engine in gear to keep it from turning), you could use the proper tool which looks something like this.

You don't want to use improper tools to try and keep the flywheel from turning. It worked for me but I highly don't recommend my method. I made the mistake of tearing the engine down too far before trying to remove the flywheel.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Just need to know how to stop flywheel from turning . Doesn't have proper tool.
    Ken likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Secure the engine from turning and remove the center bolt (or centre bolt he he) as noted by buellzebub. Easiest to use an impact wrench (air or electric) will really make it easy. Way easy.

You can then use your rear axle as the actual flywheel removal tool (or take the rear axle in and match the threads to a short bolt with the same thread as the rear axle).

Again, an impact wrench will make it way easy. Oh, and you'll have to go clockwise like your tightening the bolt but this is really pulling it off the cone shaped thingy underneath.

If you can't secure the engine from turning (i.e. you removed too much stuff already and no way to put the engine in gear to keep it from turning), you could use the proper tool which looks something like this.

You don't want to use improper tools to try and keep the flywheel from turning. It worked for me but I highly don't recommend my method. I made the mistake of tearing the engine down too far before trying to remove the flywheel.
    Just Need To Know How Did You do that ? How did you stopped flywheel form turning

Quote Originally Posted by Vishwa Kau View Post
    Just Need To Know How Did You do that ? How did you stopped flywheel form turning
    I already had the head and piston removed. I put screwdriver with a piece of garden hose around it and placed it through the wrist pin area on the connecting rod. I then cushioned the gasket face where the cylinder would connect to the lower part of the engine (base gasket area) with a piece of wood. This is what you see in the 3rd picture.

If your engine isn't taken apart too far you can put the sprocket back on and put it in gear. It all depends on how far along you are in the removal process of the engine.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

You could just buy a bolt the correct size and not have to remove the rear axle. Use the axle nut to match the correct size.

PC010031.JPG
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    You could just buy a bolt the correct size and not have to remove the rear axle. Use the axle nut to match the correct size.

PC010031.JPG
    Good idea 👍
    I don't know but I'd hazard a guess that it'll obviously be metric but with a fine pitch
    littletommy, elime and admiral like this.

Quote Originally Posted by buellzebub View Post
    I don't know but I'd hazard a guess that it'll obviously be metric but with a fine pitch
    16mm X 1.5 pitch -- I think but I am not sure.
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links