Sea Foam
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Sea Foam

Sea Foam

I happened across this video on Sea Foam and thought I would share it.

I don't guess we could put Sea Foam in our crankcase but I would consider spraying it into the carb. What do you think?
    Last edited by TopPredator; 06-12-2017 at 10:55 PM.
    centralwarider, GaryL, Ken and 2 others like this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

I love Seafoam & often use it in the fuel in all my motorcycles & equipment . It's the only additive I've used that actually works : )))
    Never used it in the crankcase.
    2005 Yamaha TW200
    2003 Kawasaki KLR650
    1995 BMW R100GSPD Classic
    1983 Honda CT110
    1984 Honda CT110

Sea Foam

I like sea foam as a fuel system cleaner but not as a fuel stabilizer. Didn't have good luck with it in my bikes that sat longer than 5 months. I use startron or stabil for storage. As for sea foam added to my oil, I've never had the nerve to try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Current bikes 2016 KTM 500 EXC, 2016 Yamaha TW 200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have been using Sea Foam products for years and always with excellent results. It was originally directed toward the marine industry but has since come full circle and is highly respected in the auto and small engine industries. There is no miracle fluid that can fix a broken engine but Sea Foam sure can work a few miracles on a tired or poor running one. I did use it in the crank case of the 1988 TW basket case I rebuilt some years back. The oil that was in it was like black tar and sludge. I used just regular dino oil with a double dose of the Sea Foam and ran the engine with a clean filter for 30 minutes around my yard. I then changed the oil and cleaned the filter and was completely amazed at all the crude that came out. When I opened the upper bleeder on the head to check for oil flowing I had globs of black crud oozing out for almost a full minute before clean oil ran out. That engine and bike made an epic US tour from NY to California and back to Texas and might still be running strong somewhere here around Conn. or NH.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I only started using Sea Foam four years ago when you guys introduced it to me. I had always Marvel Mystery Oil, STP and Amsoil. I can't never seem to get enough of adding additives to my equipment.
    Ken and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    I can't never seem to get enough of adding additives to my equipment.
    I know what you mean! Makes you feel like you are doing something nice for the machines that serve us.

On a side note....I quit using Stabil several years ago. Was going to treat some fuel...went to the chemical cabinet for the bottle of Stabil..it had gone from bright pink cherry red to a dark dark Dr Pepper color. It had been open for quite some time(6 months to a year) and was probably still good..but I didn't chance it. Been using Lucas and Royal Purple products and of course Sea Foam.
    Last edited by Roseburg; 06-13-2017 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Additional comments
    Ken and TopPredator like this.

I went to buy Sea Foam at the the local bike shop and he said he doesn't carry it any more because it has been known to clog up fuel systems and is better suited towards boats. So I bought another product to clear winter fuel out of my carb that's been idling high and thought on the way home, maybe it's a problem for EFI and it would be fine for a carb bike like our TWs since it is spoken of so highly on this forum.
    Ken and Tweaker like this.

Ken
    Seafoam seems to be a good high priced over used product. What I mean by over used is that I don't recall hearing anyone say they use it according to directions. I always hear how great it is and I hear they put a whole bottle in at a fill up, on a car or truck. That is about $8.00 more per tank. That is expensive. If used correctly 1 can will last a while. I really don't find it any better than Berryman's fuel products but it is double the price. I have used Marvel Mystery Oil in my TW with great results. Only 1 carb overhaul since 1993, the bore and piston were still in spec, no ring or piston change. Only 1 valve job and no other major repairs.
    Lyterx likes this.

Like I posted before I am a mechanic and only bought Seafoam to prove it does nothing just like most "mechanics in a can". In the spring my I could not get my TW to start so I poured some in the tank and when I tried it 5 minutes later it started so I thought ok maybe. I had not run my snow blower for a long time with the old gas in it so there I am pulling the cord for about 10 minutes in a snow storm, finally got tired and went into the garage where I spotted my bottle of Seafoam, I went and gave it a drink then returned the bottle to the garage. Gave the snow blower one pull and it sat there running without even a sputter. Ya I believe.

Ken
    That's good results.
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links