TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Quick release seat

6K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  HKLBRY 
#1 · (Edited)
I want to eliminate the need for tools to remove seat so I can connect an air compressor to battery. Found an old thread while searching for quick release seat and LT mentioned using Velcro. That sounds like a good idea. Is your Velcro still working for you LT? Did you use adhesive other than the sticky back on the Velcro? Would be glad to hear about other options for quick battery access. Thanks

'13 TW200
AT

#3 ·
Yep, still using it and it's been on there 3 or 4 years now. I think one piece came loose a little bit and I then glued it down. I just put pieces on the crossmembers under the seat. I just start at the back of the seat and kind of peel it off. I have been real happy with it.

Note: if you trailer your bike to where you are riding, you may want to throw a bungee cord over the seat. I remember one member lost his seat on the way to his destination... ;)

#6 ·
#10 ·
LTs velcro method works great! It's very secure, and can't imagine the seat coming loose by accident.

I've also thought about trying posts and rubber grommets (like the ones used to attach the body plastic to the fuel tank) in place of the threaded seat studs.

#11 ·
I agree, but I'd still run a bungie over it if I was trailering it...;)

#13 · (Edited)
+1 on securing that seat.
Motard likely regrets having his TW seat blow away on drive down to the Moab gathering of the clan. A spare seat is one of the few spare parts other riders rarely show up with.

My solution?
After frustration with inaccessibility of the stock seat bolts and having Mule bolts vibrate loose into the forth dimension I compromised with longer shanked bolts and a jam nut. I can see, feel, find and fasten these guys irregardless of mud buildup, yet tigthten them sufficiently such that they will not go missing.

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.