Glass and Blade Fuses
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockit
  • 1 Post By littletommy

Thread: Glass and Blade Fuses

Glass and Blade Fuses

I have an '89 TW200 with two glass fuses (one active and a spare). I also have a '10 TW200 with two blade fuses (one active and a spare). Am I right that the glass fuses are rated 10 amp and the blades are 20 amp? Any good reason I should convert the '89 over to blades?

As long as it is rated the same, it would be ok, but why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
    I have an '89 TW200 with two glass fuses (one active and a spare). I also have a '10 TW200 with two blade fuses (one active and a spare). Am I right that the glass fuses are rated 10 amp and the blades are 20 amp? Any good reason I should convert the '89 over to blades?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

That's my question: is there any benefit to doing the conversion to blades? I'd still have to carry two different rated blade fuses as spares for the two bikes. I was just wondering if anyone had a good reason why I should make the switch. The only advantage I can think of is that blade fuses are easy to buy, but short 10 amp glass fuses are harder to find.
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

There is something to be said for the finding of short fuses and the easy access to blade fuses. When I couldn't find the short ones, I spliced in a new one for the longer fuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
    That's my question: is there any benefit to doing the conversion to blades? I'd still have to carry two different rated blade fuses as spares for the two bikes. I was just wondering if anyone had a good reason why I should make the switch. The only advantage I can think of is that blade fuses are easy to buy, but short 10 amp glass fuses are harder to find.
    Rockit likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

For the blade type fuses you can get a CB which can replace a blade fuse. I've just ordered one (cheaper than wasting fuses as I track some electrical problems)
    It was £5 sterling inc delivery from an app called GEEK.

There is quite a lot of motorbike items listed, I've also ordered a bunch of waterproof electrical connectors.

Sponosred Links