Low speed jet plugged
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Low speed jet plugged

Low speed jet plugged

I took apart my carb this past weekend on my 2006 tw200 and found that my low speed jet was partially plugged. I cleaned it and i was amazed how much more power and response I have. I did the same to my sons 2010 Honda crf80 and his was plugged and it brought his bike back to life. I notice that both low speed jets had like a web or screen halfway down the jet before it sprays through the tube of the jet. Has anyone drill out this screen or web to prevent future plugging?
    Ken likes this.

Senior Member DARIVS ARCHITECTVS's Avatar
    I dunno.. having that web there prevents any particles from getting through, but does present the issue of maintenance to insure that it stays clean and clear. I would think routine checking of the strainers is needed until you discover the source of the contaminants (rusty/dirty fuel tank and bad fuel filter?).
    Ken likes this.
    DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
    (Darius the Engineer)

1944 DKW NZ350-1 11. Panzerdivision
    2003 BMW R1150GS Adventure
    2010 Yamaha TW200 (cuz it's cute)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    ....... I notice that both low speed jets had like a web or screen halfway down the jet before it sprays through the tube of the jet. Has anyone drill out this screen or web to prevent future plugging?
    Are you sure?

I have not seen a screen in the slow speed jet (pilot jet) in a Teikei carb.

I would post a picture but Photobucket is holding all my carb photos for ransom.

...figured out how to attach photo....

34pilotjet.JPG

jb
    Last edited by jbfla; 07-05-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Lyterx, Ken and Badgerflorida like this.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    The "web" is crap from the ethanol laden fuel we have nowadays, it's not supposed to be there....

What rbm says. I have found the blockage as soon as 2 months. It does look like a tiny web inside the jet.
    Ken likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

A little Lucus Deep System Fuel Cleaner or Seafoam once in awhile solves this problem.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting my 2005 to crank and idle without the choke. Does okay at half choke. Immediately dies when I press the choke in. I have soaked the main jet , pilot jet, as well as the whole carb twice in chemdip, followed by warm water and compressed air. I can't get the smallest wire of my torch-tip kit to go through the pilot jet. I can barely see a hole at all. I suspect this is not normal. Can any one confirm? Has something fossilized in there? Should I take the smallest drill bit I can find and try to ream it out?
    Any input appreciated.
    littletommy likes this.

Welcome to the forum!!

Typical signs of a clogged up pilot jet. Save yourself a lot of hassle and buy a new OEM one. If you can get some Lucus Deep System Fuel Cleaner it might help.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboybkr View Post
    Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting my 2005 to crank and idle without the choke. Does okay at half choke. Immediately dies when I press the choke in. I have soaked the main jet , pilot jet, as well as the whole carb twice in chemdip, followed by warm water and compressed air. I can't get the smallest wire of my torch-tip kit to go through the pilot jet. I can barely see a hole at all. I suspect this is not normal. Can any one confirm? Has something fossilized in there? Should I take the smallest drill bit I can find and try to ream it out?
    Any input appreciated.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

No screen in the slow speed jet. Here are a #36 and #45 from both ends. No screen.
    3645g.jpg
    3645h.jpg
    littletommy, admiral and jbfla like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Screenshot_2017-09-19-21-44-35_kindlephoto-290085377.jpg

On a semi related note, has anyone bought this from Procycle- and if so what sizes come with it? Alternately do you guys know any good places to but Teikei jets at?
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links