How is possible to get that Acceleration?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: How is possible to get that Acceleration?

How is possible to get that Acceleration?

Dear Guys,

How is possible to getr that acceleration and top speed with a 14/47 setup? O_O
    Even the RPM, how is possible that the bike stays at "normal" I guess RPM and reach over 100kmh in 4th gear while mine at around 90kmh sounds like it's going to destroy the world and cause an earthquake for how noisy it becomes
    Note that I have a 14/45, so techncially I should get less noise at same speed as him, but well... he seems to have like 14/37 maybe lol, not 47, how's that possible

Also Using the TW200 speed calculator it seems that at 8500 rpm (so not the max which I believe is 9500) in 4th I should top out at 93kmh, so when I actually reach 90 I am at about 8400rpm so mean I can still push the bike? I am just worried about the sound because I don't have a damned rpm reader
    Still in the calculator if I set 47 as rear sprocket, and input as speed 110kmh (which he reached in 4th gear) he reach over 10k rpm, which is over redline... I still can't figure out how is that possible

I want that, I absolutely want that

Last edited by jannaruto; 07-22-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    littletommy likes this.

You can rev them as high as you want. When the bike stops pulling, shift. He's got a cam in it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jannaruto View Post
    Dear Guys,

How is possible to getr that acceleration and top speed with a 14/47 setup? O_O
    Even the RPM, how is possible that the bike stays at "normal" I guess RPM and reach over 100kmh in 4th gear while mine at around 90kmh sounds like it's going to destroy the world and cause an earthquake for how noisy it becomes
    Note that I have a 14/45, so techncially I should get less noise at same speed as him, but well... he seems to have like 14/37 maybe lol, not 47, how's that possible

Also Using the TW200 speed calculator it seems that at 8500 rpm (so not the max which I believe is 9500) in 4th I should top out at 93kmh, so when I actually reach 90 I am at about 8400rpm so mean I can still push the bike? I am just worried about the sound because I don't have a damned rpm reader
    Still in the calculator if I set 47 as rear sprocket, and input as speed 110kmh (which he reached in 4th gear) he reach over 10k rpm, which is over redline... I still can't figure out how is that possible

I want that, I absolutely want that

JagLite likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

1) put tw200 speedo on an xt350.
    2) film
    3) ....
    4) profit

But seriously, you should invest the money in a tachometer to see what your engine is really doing. I found out with mine, in stock gearing, ~100kmh = 6900rpm-7200rpm in 5th gear. Prior to having the tach, I was convinced I was going to blow the thing up based on the sound.

Check out this thread:
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...-settings.html
    Peterb, littletommy and Tweaker like this.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"I thought the slowest bike i have ever owned was going to kill me." - Hidden Content

The John Birch Society is too Liberal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    He's got a cam in it too.
    I would hope so. Bike wouldn't run so much without one.
    littletommy likes this.

The easiest way, and the best way I think, to get good acceleration and lower rpm at speed is to get a different bike.

The TW is a great Turtle, but a lousy Rabbit.
    Peterb, fishguy, jbfla and 7 others like this.
    James

Attitude =

The difference between

Ordeal and Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by CS1983 View Post
    1) put tw200 speedo on an xt350.
    2) film
    3) ....
    4) profit

But seriously, you should invest the money in a tachometer to see what your engine is really doing. I found out with mine, in stock gearing, ~100kmh = 6900rpm-7200rpm in 5th gear. Prior to having the tach, I was convinced I was going to blow the thing up based on the sound.

Check out this thread:
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...-settings.html
    Ok but that does not match with the speed calc
    4th gear, if I reach or try the same speed as the video the calc say i will be over the limit of 9500

Am I missing something?

Where is the hill that is long enough to do that?
    Phelonius

If you are really interested in "speed" in the slightest, you will need a a different motorcycle.
    Then you will have "speed" but miss all the cool things a TW200 will actually do.
    The fastest plow horse will be the slowest race horse...but he will plow a fine field.
    Ken, goldenhtr and jbfla like this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    Where is the hill that is long enough to do that?
    Hahahahhaha
    But seriously the data i see in the calc does not match with the video, can You help me with an explaination?
    The guy in the video will be basically 1000-1500 over the limit
    Ken likes this.

There’s a half mile hill down to my house, the kind that if you take your foot of the gas in an automatic car, you keep accelerating (not by much, but you still pick up speed)

I’ve come down that hill on a stock ’98 TW200 with a 14/49 set up, flat out, ignoring the noise and keeping it wide open. Partly because I wanted to see how fast it would go, partly to see if it would spontaneously disassemble (blow up), and because I knew I could coast home if it all went pear shaped

(The following account is based on “indicated speed”, so figure in a maximum 10% error – body weight was 190 wet, knobblies front and rear set at 19 PSI – fresh gas, 5% Ethanol mix)

60 mph was no problem, plenty left up the spout – 65 was as easy, so went for warp – at 68mph, some instability from the tire combination (TW34 rear, Hiedenau K60 front), not quite a “tank slapper”, but heading that way – so I backed off the throttle while I was ahead – but she would have gone through the 70mph barrier otherwise

Now, you’re talking about a 14/47 set-up – so it should have a higher top-end performance, and if you then add road tires, not knobblies, you start to get faster acceleration (less tire drag) – and on those road tires, if you’re going for “speed”, you can up the pressures to 30 PSI, at which point it will really start to fly by comparison

Engine mods take it even further (like some cam work)

But then, you’re doing 70MPH on a bike with a short wheel base, no brakes that do anything over 40 MPH, and are so “off-plot” that you are effectively flying on a wing and a prayer

Then you can take a youtube vid of yourself, and boast about it (while you’re still alive – this time)

That’s not what the TW is about, and rather than thinking about “how did he do it”, you should be thinking about “why did he do it”

Leave “Captain Testosterone” to his idiocy, or get an RD350 with knobblies ……..
    Tweaker, CS1983, Ken and 1 others like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links