Left foot peg question.
Close

Can't figure out what the wire type thing is on the left foot peg that goes up like maybe a cover for chain guard in sort of upside down V.

Any ideas ?

Also, under seat, there are little steel looking nail head type things that stick out about half inch, what is it ?

Thanks,

Revolverman.
    The older I get, the more I realize it's easier to be kind in most situations.

I find the easy way to figure out what stuff is called by Yamaha is to go to a website like stadiumyamaha.com go the the OEM parts catalog for your year make and model. They have great illustrated parts break downs. You can just about tear the bike down and put it back together from the pictures. I think you will find it and invaluable resource. Also get into the tech section of the forum and download the manual and supplement as well as the carb photos. Sooner or later you will need them.

Most important thing is to get together with GapRunr....he knows some roads that will put a smile on your dial. Check out the Turtlepalloza thread.

Welcome to the addiction!!!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

I don't know what the actual intent of the "V" thingy is, but it'll at least keep you from rubbing the paint off your sidecover in short order.

I'm kinda lost on the nailhead thing under the seat but there are several elsewhere holding the grommets for sidecovers and the rear fender and two for routing the tail light wiring at the very rear.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I think the nailhead things are meant to be anchor points for bungees. Not sure, but that's what I'm thinkin.

Thanks a lot n2o2diver and everyone else. I do plan to talk to GapRunr as soon as I can.

Revolverman.
    The older I get, the more I realize it's easier to be kind in most situations.

Sponosred Links