Where to buy sprockets?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've been looking around for a 15T front sprocket but haven't had any luck. Is there a good place that you guys get them from? I've only been able to find rear sprockets so far but I'm just wanting to stick with the 50T rear.

also does anyone know the chain length needed for a 15-50 setup?

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTech View Post
    I've been looking around for a 15T front sprocket but haven't had any luck. Is there a good place that you guys get them from? I've only been able to find rear sprockets so far but I'm just wanting to stick with the 50T rear.

I just had my dealer order one. It took less than a week to get it.

I like the 15/50 combo. I had 15/47, but with my weight & headwinds it was too tall, no torque.

So far (a couple of weeks) 15/50 is working great. Usable first gear, and still has a little torque above 55MPH. It doesn't drop below 60 uphill into the wind anymore.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Quote Originally Posted by srs713 View Post

I just had my dealer order one. It took less than a week to get it.

I like the 15/50 combo. I had 15/47, but with my weight & headwinds it was too tall, no torque.

So far (a couple of weeks) 15/50 is working great. Usable first gear, and still has a little torque above 55MPH. It doesn't drop below 60 uphill into the wind anymore.

crap, I should have asked about them when I was there today getting stuff for my oil change. How much did they cost at the dealer? Also, can you cruise around 60-65 reasonably well with the 15/50? I'm mainly going to use mine for about 10mi on the freeway to get to school and possibly for an hour to go to my dads or up to seattle but those cases would be more rare. I'll also be doing trail riding on occasion.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

crap, I should have asked about them when I was there today getting stuff for my oil change. How much did they cost at the dealer? Also, can you cruise around 60-65 reasonably well with the 15/50? I'm mainly going to use mine for about 10mi on the freeway to get to school and possibly for an hour to go to my dads or up to seattle but those cases would be more rare. I'll also be doing trail riding on occasion.

I don't recall the exact price for just the front sprocket. I got the chain & rear sprocket, gasket, etc., all at the same time. I believe the front was under $15. Maybe under $10. I know it wasn't more than a couple of bucks higher than any on-line prices.

With 15/50 I can easily hold between 60~65 on the highway up the overpasses and for the 5~15 miles to get around to the other side of town. On the straights I can get to 70 indicated WOT for short bursts. I weigh around 300#, so a lighter dude should have no problem beating that.

Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

I don't recall the exact price for just the front sprocket. I got the chain & rear sprocket, gasket, etc., all at the same time. I believe the front was under $15. Maybe under $10. I know it wasn't more than a couple of bucks higher than any on-line prices.

With 15/50 I can easily hold between 60~65 on the highway up the overpasses and for the 5~15 miles to get around to the other side of town. On the straights I can get to 70 indicated WOT for short bursts. I weigh around 300#, so a lighter dude should have no problem beating that.

cool, I'll give my dealer a call tomorrow about it. that sprocket setup sounds about perfect for what I want, I weigh about 170lbs now so I should be good.

cool, I'll give my dealer a call tomorrow about it. that sprocket setup sounds about perfect for what I want, I weigh about 170lbs now so I should be good.

I strongly suggest paying a little extra for an O-ring chain as soon as you can. Less worries about maintenance. And mine is SO much quieter than the original chain ever was.

Heh... at 170 you have plenty of engine left for bringing the girlfriend along.

Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

I strongly suggest paying a little extra for an O-ring chain as soon as you can. Less worries about maintenance. And mine is SO much quieter than the original chain ever was.

Heh... at 170 you have plenty of engine left for bringing the girlfriend along.

Yeah I was looking around at O-ring chains and they're kind of expensive. Did you get a DID chain? and what length?

I'd need to find a light girlfriend, or one in general haha.

I called up my local dealer, $11 for the 15T, $26 for the rear 50T, and $78 for an EK X-ring chain. They had a little cheaper O-ring chain but it was more of a house brand for $56. So it'll be $110-130 for the whole swap depending on the chain I go with.

I called up my local dealer, $11 for the 15T, $26 for the rear 50T, and $78 for an EK X-ring chain. They had a little cheaper O-ring chain but it was more of a house brand for $56. So it'll be $110-130 for the whole swap depending on the chain I go with.

Yeah, mine was about $120~135 for those three parts. X-ring sounds good, but not sure if it's $22 better.

I got a 130 link & removed 8.

122 with the 15/50 put my snail adjusters on 2. Stock length swing-arm.

So I'm not sure if setting them to 1 would let a 120 link fit.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

cool, mine is on the #3 mark right now. I'll probably have the chain set to #2 or #3 on it. The guy recommended the X-ring chain for better longevity since it seals better. it was a lot cheaper than I thought it would be for an X-ring chain. I might order the parts next week if I have the money.

I'm kinda debating on whether I should hold off on getting the sprockets and chain so I can get a trailtech vapor unit since all I have right now is a bicycle speedometer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links