"CLUTCH + MUD ANYHELP??
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hello Everyone (I'm not very mechanical or great on computers)

I just in the last 2 weeks bought a 2004 TW200 from a very nice/ trusworthy farmer. It only had 621miles (1000km)

It was in basically new condition!

Yesterday (June 16, 2012) I was planning on going for a quick 20-30 min bike ride before bed.

The ride started off great! I was on basic back gravel roads, and ended up in a new subdivision under construction. It got very muddy in a hurry, and my plan was to get back

on pavement which I could see. It would have only take me about one minute or so, to reach the pavement driving a normal pace. The mud was so thick and I was really going

slow , I only went a short distance before the bike was stuck. I got off and pushed but that only lasted maybe 30 seconds. The mud was so thick and built up in the wheel wells

so much the front wheel locked up. It was just skidding on the mud. I kept trying to dig the mud out and it helped the first few tries, to make very little distance. I ended up

there for about 2 hours and finally started calling for some help. A friend showed up quickly, and we made some progress (we both pushed it) but the front wheel was still

skidding.

After a few attempts, I could smell something and my clutch instantly required no pressure at all to pull in. It was just revving up when in first gear or any gear like it was

in neutral. I think it means my clutch is wrecked? If I need a new one is OEM or Aftermarket better?

After an hour I pulled in the clutch lever again and it was hard (just like when it was working) But still no gear does anything.

I APPRECIATE ANY HELP!!!! THANK YOU!!!

PS -->Will this be an expensive fix?

Yes. It sounds like you slipped your clutch excessively and burned it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Benson View Post
    Yes. It sounds like you slipped your clutch excessively and burned it up.

Is this just get a new clutch installed and I should be good to go? Fingers crossed!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

If you are not very mechanical and little experience with motorcycles I would take it to a professional!!!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

The clutch basket is likely OK. The steel plates may or may not be. The fiber plates are probably toast--at least some of them. If the fiber plates have come apart, all of the pieces need to be removed, the crank case flushed out, the oil and filter changed and new oil put in. The dealer or a good mechanic may be able to save some plates, but don't count on it.

No, it should not be super big bucks like an engine overhaul, but it will probably be more than a regular service by two or three times. Just my guess.

Wow, sorry to hear your troubles specially since you just got your T-dub. Hopefully you get it going again soon...

So what would you guys for factory Yamaha or Aftermarket replacemeant ??? Or mix and match ??

Sorry I meant what would you guys buy aftermarket or OEM???? Or a combination of both??

I apprechiate any answers on this, thank you everyone, on this fourm everyone is great :0)

Quote Originally Posted by bonkas2 View Post
    Sorry I meant what would you guys buy aftermarket or OEM???? Or a combination of both??

I apprechiate any answers on this, thank you everyone, on this fourm everyone is great :0)

I'm not sure if aftermarket parts are available. Parts should not be all that much anyway, unless it's worse than we think.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links