Hand Grip Size
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand Grip Size

Can anyone tell me what grip size I need for the both grips (throttle & regular grip). I did a search and someone indicated they were different sizes but did not specify what exact size they are. Thanks for any help.

I don't know of any grips that are actually sized differently, but if they are, the bigger one goes on the throttle side of course. Just get ones for 7/8" bars.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Most grips are made for 7/8" bars. Thats what you need. The throttle side will have a larger interior diameter.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStateCrawler View Post
    Most grips are made for 7/8" bars. Thats what you need. The throttle side will have a larger interior diameter.

yep. just put some pro grips on mine and one had a bigger ID for the throttle.

Great thanks guys. I guess one is probably just slightly larger.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -Jake- View Post
    yep. just put some pro grips on mine and one had a bigger ID for the throttle.

Those pro grips are the best i've found yet. And they last! I went through three sets of protapers until I spotted these.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

I like these Pro Grips

Put a set on mine and my Dad's TW last year. Very comfortable. I have black and he has blue. The blue matches the TW blue well.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

If your bike is stock, you need grips for a motorcycle with 7/8-inch handlebars.

ATV grips are both the same size because they don't have a throttle tube. Motorcycle grips will have one grip hole slightly bigger than the other to fit over the throttle tube. Some big street bikes have 1-inch handlebars instead of 7/8-inch, and require bigger holes in the grips. Now, to really confuse matters, I run 7/8-inch throttle side grips on both sides because I've added shrink wrap to the left side to insulate the grip heater from the grip warmer. The throttle tube provides the insulation on the throttle side.

Thanks qwerty, I ordered the 7/8" grips!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    If your bike is stock, you need grips for a motorcycle with 7/8-inch handlebars.

ATV grips are both the same size because they don't have a throttle tube. Motorcycle grips will have one grip hole slightly bigger than the other to fit over the throttle tube. Some big street bikes have 1-inch handlebars instead of 7/8-inch, and require bigger holes in the grips. Now, to really confuse matters, I run 7/8-inch throttle side grips on both sides because I've added shrink wrap to the left side to insulate the grip heater from the grip warmer. The throttle tube provides the insulation on the throttle side.

The Progrips that Rainman has linked to are longer than most other grips and are meant to be cut to length, so don't panic if they seem too long when you when you install them. They were meant to be universal and if you use the cut lines they'll fit almost any situation perfectly.

There are handydandy cut lines on most models of Progrips. So if you're running handguards cut the outboard ends off at the cut line. I usually use an Xacto knife. On the throttle side you'll find two "donuts" with cut lines on the inboard side of the grips. On most TW's you'll want to cut off the larger of the two donuts on the inboard side and the very end on the outboard side. If you're running handguards AND a throttle lock cut at the first safety wire groove, etc.

You'll want to get the length right, particularly on the throttle side. If you just "scrunch" them onto the throttle tube as-is your throttle will likely bind.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links