Like Tree19Likes
  • 3 Post By Mtymse63
  • 5 Post By littletommy
  • 5 Post By rbm
  • 2 Post By Mtymse63
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 2 Post By Tuber
  • 1 Post By methamphetasaur

Thread: Which Carb Rebuld Kit for 2007 TW200?

Which Carb Rebuld Kit for 2007 TW200?

Kind of confused as both kits appear to be for 2001-2011 yet they contain different parts. These are on eBay and I believe they are both Shindy kits. Which one will work best? Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Badgerflorida, Ken and littletommy like this.

Welcome to the forum!!

I'd stay away from Shindy Kits. There have been problems with them according to members in the past. You are best with OEM. Here's one place that has good kits.

https://procycle.us/bikepages/tw200.html#

***Don't be tempted to buy anything else you see on that TW site... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mtymse63 View Post
    Kind of confused as both kits appear to be for 2001-2011 yet they contain different parts. These are on eBay and I believe they are both Shindy kits. Which one will work best? Thank you.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

rbm
    Stay away from the kits, buy OEM parts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for response. Long time lurker and finally getting to play on these bikes. Have a 2004 and also 2007 so I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot soon.

littletommy - small world, I'm in Liberty Lake, need to update my info with my stuff.

So the kit I believe I need is the that site is the 2001-current Carb Kit for$33.95, right? My carb is leaking as soon as turn on the fuel petcock, anything else you would recommend I replace or repair while I'm at it and buying parts?

Thanks again.
    Ken and littletommy like this.

That would do it if you are happy with the way it runs stock and it has the needle valve with the O-ring (which is probably the source of your leak)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtymse63 View Post
    Thanks for response. Long time lurker and finally getting to play on these bikes. Have a 2004 and also 2007 so I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot soon.

littletommy - small world, I'm in Liberty Lake, need to update my info with my stuff.

So the kit I believe I need is the that site is the 2001-current Carb Kit for$33.95, right? My carb is leaking as soon as turn on the fuel petcock, anything else you would recommend I replace or repair while I'm at it and buying parts?

Thanks again.
    Ken likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

shop at Babbitts online, they are both a dealer and online retailer for factory parts. Their parts listing shows detail drawings of bike parts and you can order whichever pieces you need. I have found them to be quite reliable.
    littletommy and maddawgj like this.
    2005 Tdub

Those are probably stock photos as an example of what comes with the kit. That company probably uses the same photo for every carb rebuild kit.
    maddawgj likes this.

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuber View Post
    shop at Babbitts online, they are both a dealer and online retailer for factory parts. Their parts listing shows detail drawings of bike parts and you can order whichever pieces you need. I have found them to be quite reliable.
    +1 for Babbitts, I have an order on the way from them as I type this actually. Another good site I recommend is boats.com (it’s part of a large powersports supplier don’t worry about the name). Boats has express shipping while Babbitts doesn’t otherwise prices and service are about the same.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Also Boats.com ships from right by me (Albany, GA) so express shipping ends up being next day and is only $2-5 more. Babbitts is in Muskegon, MI so takes longer to get to me. Depending on where you are that will make a difference.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Sponosred Links